GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WSID Wednesday Drag night

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Wednesday night Drags GTG at WSID...

Everything you need to know is on this link;
http://www.wsid.com.au/subpage.asp?Page=Street-Info

wsid 1.jpg

It would be good to see what our cars can do plus we can all catch up..
These quick little GTG are good and don't require much organising, we can buy tickets on the night
or just be there at 5.00pm or work out who is coming and buy tickets before hand..
The cost is $50 to race and $20 to spectate with children under 12 FREE.

I am thinking of either the 5th of August or the following week the 12th of August..
Let me know what you think so that we can get some thing organised..:w00t:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i would be interested but i finish work at 5 :-S

NSJ202

Banned
How many runs do you get for $50?

redback

ftmfw
just a heads up, my mechanic told me about a guy who went down WSID in his gti and when he went back to do warranty work, they voided it saying they had photos of him at the track. Apparently there are 2 VW representatives that observe WSID, Suburu does this as well. Nonetheless he ended up fighting with VWA and they said they'll cover him to a certain point but if some weird things happen they wont.

id go but my car still throws CEL's when i'm at full throttle so don't wanna push it until that's fixed. But if you still plan on doing this then i suggest taking your plates off and good luck :thumbsup:

NSJ202

Banned
Sounds good, but second question.. Can you hire a helmet? My dirt bike one isnt ADR approved.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
just a heads up, my mechanic told me about a guy who went down WSID in his gti and when he went back to do warranty work, they voided it saying they had photos of him at the track. Apparently there are 2 VW representatives that observe WSID, Suburu does this as well. Nonetheless he ended up fighting with VWA and they said they'll cover him to a certain point but if some weird things happen they wont.

id go but my car still throws CEL's when i'm at full throttle so don't wanna push it until that's fixed. But if you still plan on doing this then i suggest taking your plates off and good luck :thumbsup:

Yead i'd cover over your plates before you drive on there. Bit paranoid but may be worth it if what you say is true.

Burgs

Silver Nugget
Car(s)
2008 VW Golf GTI
X2 when i went to Eastern Creek in the rex, i covered the plates, the Vin number and the Rego label. We saw guys from the insurance companies taking photos as we drove through the gates.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Hi Guy's,

I will have to cancel this GTG at the moment as my car is going to be in the Motor Magazine Hot Tuner Challenge on the 3rd and the 4th of August..
Will organise some thing else in the future..
Thanks

Androo

lolwut... ??
Hi Guy's,

I will have to cancel this GTG at the moment as my car is going to be in the Motor Magazine Hot Tuner Challenge on the 3rd and the 4th of August..
Will organise some thing else in the future..
Thanks

Oeer, congrats Anthony... should get a golfmkv.com sticker to represent!!