GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cruise in the works

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Alright guys. To anyone new and those who joined us at the Tysons Corner meet.

I've been driving around some back/country roads for quite some time.. trying to develop a route for a cruise. I went out today to try and explore a bit more and managed to get about 50miles in my general area. With a little more time, I think I can get a well developed route that we can take in. About 3/4 of the way is pretty scenic with green grass and hilly areas. Also, there are quite a number of turns that if you go in too fast, you'll lose grip. Otherwords, nice twisty roads at slow and very high speeds.

If you're wondering about cop activity, it is very minimal... However, they are most present around the small towns in the area... so when we pass by, go somewhat near the speed limit.

Alright, enough of the description.
Maybe in the future, we can all meet in Rockville? That is, for everyone north or west of us. Which would be most of you guys...

Then, for everyone that is south of silver spring ( me ), everyone from the rockville party will meet down somewhere near the cruise area so it'll be easier on the time.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Gonna need a full tank of gas. :wink:

EDIT: The cruising area will towards Damascus and the Howard County (borderish).

Last edited:
I take it you are talking about the same area we've been cruising? Great falls area? Just making sure, cause everyone who hasn't gone wouldn't know what area you are talking about.

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
im down! just let me know when

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Oh, I was hoping maybe we could get a picnic going.. you know. Stop somewhere in the gravel somewheres and walk out to some field and eat lol. Or am i being gay..

Anyway, i still have lots of road to explore.

Tom, you'd only be gay if you actually packed the picnic basket... red/white checkered blanket and all :biggrin:

Ryan, i'd love to get inut from you on the feel and everything of GIAC, experience of it will really help me make the decision on what road i plan on traveling.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Not a problem at all, and I'll definitely be in this time for the drive, but let me get my GIAC X chip and race springs reinstalled on Friday and I'll be good to go.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
gah ! lol, sorry guys. I havnt been out there in a bit.. maybe I can mapquest it. I'll look into it this thursday night and give you an update Friday.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I'm GIAC'd and ready to go when you guys are...

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think I have something :biggrin: Anyone down for Red Robins during the cruise? hehe.

^^ Part 1 of the map.. The long stretch of road where it begins at the word " end " is New Hampshire ave untill it merges into Damascus Rd or something.

^^ Part 2 of the map.. After we eat, we can reverse the trip! :p

If you guys think it's an alright plan, i'll try and get the road names down for everyone.

Last edited: