GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tinting in Canberra

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
There's a few Canberrans on here now, and now we're finally getting toward summer (with the exception of the snow fall yesterday) it's time to get the GTI tinted.

Anyone got any good connections/suggested places to get a quality tint (i.e 3M or similar high quality tint) put on the GTI??? :iono:

Cheers

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Had the MINI done at Any-Window in Woden, just behind Rolfe BMW's rear service entry. Their name has now changed to Top Cat. The MINI's tint still looks perfect, some 2 1/2 years later. :clap:

$250 for 10 year guarantee or $280 for lifetime stuff. AFAIK they are set prices, regardless of car.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Dylan, we got our GTI tinited through Lennock and at first they were abit cagey about the details, but as it's turned out it has jogged my memory of the film used on the MINI as well.

The GTI was tinted with MEP films, I think the product line used was called Centium??? which has a lifetime guarantee. The 10 guarantee stuff was used on the MINI.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
They made it sound as if they did it, but on the warranty form the name is listed ... J&B or somesuch. I'll try and check it out tonight when I can touch the car again.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I can't find J&B Somesuch anywhere mate... Can you check that's correct?? :wink:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Crap, sorry Dylan, I forgot. :iono:

The company's name is:

Prime Window Tinting
0431 262 273

Warranty card suggests the film used is MEP Centennium (it's code is listed as JB which is where those letters came from. Close!)

If you want to hook up to check it out, just let me know.

:thumbsup:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've found the MEP films website, but there's no Centennium on there under automotive films... :iono: Ultima sounds close, with a lifetime warranty..

I wouldn't mind checking it out if that's cool with you

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Yeah, I did the same with the MEP site??? We bought our Outback used from Lennock and they did the tinting for us on that. No idea who did it, or what product was used, but 3 1/2 years later it still looked as good as they day it was done.

Happy to meet anytime, well, when I can get the keys to the GTI. :laugh:

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
solartint onyx is the go imo.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
A mate of mine had his MINI tinted using Prime and he's pretty happy with the results as well. So there's at least two good local options in this thread.

:smoking:

Cheers Liam

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
I checked out my tint this morning and I'm wondering if it is worth getting it replaced with a darker one. The stock tint is pretty dark already.