GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Better Nikon

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
Right now I use a Nikon D40 and I am looking to upgrade with something with much more megapixels. I want to stick with Nikon because I already have 3 lenses for it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI
user friendly and serious don't necessarily go hand in hand. the more expensive the camera typically the more complex you're going to get. but the complexity lies in the fact that you're making more manual choices as opposed to doing full-auto.

the d90 is a great camera, from what i've read. take a look at dpreview.com and compare the d90 and d300.

go to a camera store and try each. see which feels better to you. navigate the menus and do things you would normally do in the course of an average day of shooting. get whichever feels better to you

Mr645

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 R32
Look for a deal on a D300, which is about to me replaced. Perhaps the D90 would be god, I am not familiar with it. But from the D40 to the D200, image quality is about the same, just more megapixels.

krische

vdubber in training
Yeah I'm actually looking at the D40 as my first DSLR. would you recommend for someone looking to get into photography as a hobby?