GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Google > GolfMKV.com

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I've had it with the search function on here...

Searching for common words - in any combo - brings up dozens of threads with no page specific hits. I've scoured through numerous threads doing my best to catch a few red words that usually end up having nothing to do with my search.

I've recently been using Google in combo with "gti" or "mkv" or something similar to narrow the results, and it usually returns threads on this very site. I've paired the in-house search and Google several times, and Google always wins.

Is there no some to integrate a powerful engine such as Google into a forum like this?

Am I missing anything searching through here? I've tried all the old tricks like " " AND + _ , etc and nothing helps...

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
it's not really the forum's fault. it's the vbulletin software. this is pretty much the same situation on any forum with vbulletin unless somebody decides to code the search engine differently.

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
i always use google to search for threads instead of the golkf mkv search enging i just put golfmkv at the end of what im searching for

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
golfmkv usually never fails. i like how you can pair username with keywords.

but i have this quirky thing where i can remember specific sentances from threads that are like a year old, type in that sentance, and then find the thread.

kind of weird.

guess it's why i'm so bad at remembering peoples names.

greyo8gti

I'm a good driver
Car(s)
08 GTi
I thought I was the only one with this probem. Its always a PITA to find anything when I search on here:iono:

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I thought I was the only one with this probem. Its always a PITA to find anything when I search on here:iono:

Yeah and the other side to that coin is the atomic flamage from the search police when you have to start a new thread....

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Yeah and the other side to that coin is the atomic flamage from the search police when you have to start a new thread....

well when you start a thread asking about the p-flow or which chips are better, Lays kettle cooked or Cape Cod, it just gets a little frustrating.

however if you start a thread that could be searched for, but isn't necessarily annoying or redundant, like requesting IATs w/ a forge twintercooler installed, that is another story.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
ive never really had a prob with the search on here...WAAYYY better than the vortex search. I hate on tehre whetehr you have to specify whether you want new or archived, and for it to search titles or full text...

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
ive never really had a prob with the search on here...WAAYYY better than the vortex search. I hate on tehre whetehr you have to specify whether you want new or archived, and for it to search titles or full text...

That is very true. You also have to scroll through 100 different subforums to find the one you need...

sloMk5

2007 GTI
try going to google and typing this is in the search bar:

site:golfmkv.com <what you're searching for>

I do that for the tex because their search is completely worthless.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
GolfMKV should have a "powered by Google" search feature instead of the bullshit one that is built into the bulletin engine. they are very easy to setup.