GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Week 50 Changes...

jimmythefish

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm...I hope not. I ordered mine today and I'll be pissed off if it doesn't have rear air vents and cruise control. It appears that the week 50 changes happen in December, from the posts you linked to. I'll maybe talk to my dealer to make sure, the next time I talk to him.

FWIW, mine's a 5-door, 6-speed UG. The only option I got was the rear airbags. What did you get?

jimmythefish

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice...yeah the colours are all not bad (I could just as easily have chosen black or white - silver and red are my least favourite) but the grey is the classiest and won't look as dirty as the black or white. If I had carwash fairies and the car was always clean the white would be a tough choice to beat.

We (my girlfriend and I) tried the DSG as well as the 6-speed and while I think it's a great gearbox we decided to go 6-speed as we figured we'd likely have more fun driving the stick. Tough choice though, and if they were the same price I might have gone with the DSG.

Have fun waiting ;(. Cheers,

James.

danno

Ready to race!
for you to have the changes your car will have to be made after week 50... i think. i just got my car and i have rear vents and cruise.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
my 5 door has the simplified single stalk cruise it's 3 months old in my hands.

Courvein

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MkV GTI
As long as cruise control is there still... I liked the rear AC vents, it just made it so much more stylish, but it's not *that* important to me.

SongMan, do you think you can post a pic of your cruise control? would be nice to see it!

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
2007 GTI
• Optional iPod adapter
• Audio auxiliary input added
• Simplified cruise control actuation
• Redesigned alloy wheels—late intro
• Launch Control will be standard (DSG only)
• Premium Sound System will be optional
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System standard
• Radio buttons from black to silver finish
• Reduced ride height for sportier appearance
• Special model planned

http://vwgazette.blogspot.com/2006/06/2007-volkswagen-change-points.html

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
2007 GTI
• Optional iPod adapter
• Audio auxiliary input added
• Simplified cruise control actuation
• Redesigned alloy wheels—late intro
• Launch Control will be standard (DSG only)
• Premium Sound System will be optional
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System standard
• Radio buttons from black to silver finish
• Reduced ride height for sportier appearance
• Special model planned

http://vwgazette.blogspot.com/2006/06/2007-volkswagen-change-points.html

that's the US change list.

litespeed65

TurboMan
Car(s)
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
Week 50 changes

Hi guys:

I am responding to the question of week 50 changes. I wrote the mentioned quote on VW Vortex. I had called VW Canada info (call center in the US) and was told what they THOUGHT might be change points in Canada: Cruise control simplified (remove third stalk), no rear-passenger air vents, No euro-height suspension. They also said Canada would keep the headlight washers and DSG would get LC. Week 50 changes were in July?! (according to the VW rep that day) All change points mentioned on VW gazette are for US models only- no mention of Canada. VW doesn't seem sure as to what options are changing here, if any. It also doesn't seem right that VW customers can't be sure what version of the car they ordered they will be getting. I am eagerly awaiting a 2007? TR GTI -6 speed MT w/ 18" Hufeisen wheels. I ordered in August and expect delivery in late Feb.- early March 2007! Base model TR GTI's are as rare as hen's teeth and I HAD to order my car. No problem I can wait, but I wanted to know what to expect when my car does arrive next year.

:confused: :thumbup:

Last edited:

Teeps

Ready to race!
Hi guys:

It also doesn't seem right that VW customers can't be sure what version of the car they ordered they will be getting. I am eagerly awaiting a 2007? TR GTI -6 speed MT w/ 18" Hufeiesen wheels. I ordered in August and expect delivery in late Feb.- early March 2007! Base model TR GTI's are as rare as hen's teeth and I HAD to order my car. No problem I can wait, but I wanted to know what to expect when my car does arrive next year.

:confused: :thumbup:

What doesn't seem right is the fact you gotta wait for 6 months to get your GTI. If you wanna know what you're getting, give your dealer a call. In their system they should have the break down on build date, ship date, train date, etc... Well, they did for me at least.

litespeed65

TurboMan
Car(s)
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
What doesn't seem right is the fact you gotta wait for 6 months to get your GTI. If you wanna know what you're getting, give your dealer a call. In their system they should have the break down on build date, ship date, train date, etc... Well, they did for me at least.

You're right. I will be calling my dealership again soon.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I ordered mine September 3rd and it should be here next week (crossing fingers). I'm also interested to know what changes if any I'll see. I'll post as soon as I see it.

One thing I hope I do not get is the updated rims listed in the US change list. I much prefer the Huffs over the Chalestons... I think the Charlestons are hideous.

Last edited: