GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To those of you considering REVO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanJoJoe

Ready to race!
I just wanted to rant really quickly, as I am a bit frustrated with the situation I am having to deal with with REVO. As many of you may know, some 2008 DSG equipped GTI owners have been encountering some out of the ordinary shifting issues after having their cars tuned. I just had my car tuned this past weekend and noticed the issue during the drive home. I contacted my dealer, and he had not heard of the issue and therefore did not know how to fix the issue. I then proceeded to contact REVO support and was informed that they were aware of the issue and had about 10 people who had made complaints with them regarding the issue. They told me they had a revision in the works and that it would be released shortly. I decided that I would rather get a refund instead of waiting until REVO had fixed the problem. I contacted my dealer, who was fine with issuing a refund, but was told he had to get approval from REVO to process the refund. I shot an email over to REVO support again telling them that I wanted to return the tune, as it was clearly not working as intended. I received this email in response to that:

At this time I cannot authorize a refund on the flash. With software that has a trial available we do not offer a 30 day refund or a refund without being given a chance to correct the problem.

Your first contact with our company about this issue was the 27th of April and you replied with this email later that day asking for the refund. We are in the process of bringing the solution to the market/public and we have not been given an opportunity to correct this as today is only the 28th of April. In your email to Tomasz you mention we did not give you a time frame and this was a reason for wanting the refund but you also never inquired. We are hoping to have the software ready to go early next week we are just waiting for the updates from our testers and then the production file needs to be built.

If after the update you are still not happy we can discuss this further but even then we may not have enough cause for a refund.

My major gripe with this email is that he is suggesting that even if the fix they have slated for release does not totally fix the problem some of us our encountering, he may still not refund me my money. This to me is completely ridiculous. I paid $400 for software that is supposed to result in a car that performs better. While my GTI accelerates faster, the overall performance of my vehicle has been degraded with the installation of the REVO tune. This is not what I paid for, and should receive a 100% refund if the issue is not fixed.

My suggestion to all of you 2008 GTI owners with DSG who are considering REVO: at the very least, wait until the fix has been released and it is confirmed that it addresses the issues.

turbodub99

Passed Driver's Ed
MY CAR is having problems also...they have ur $ already and i doubt ur gonna get it back...same with me, REVO stole their software from APR and should be forced to close its doors!!!!! they wont give me my $ back either, good luck

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
first time hearing about not being able to get a refund. with APR they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

SanJoJoe

Ready to race!
MY CAR is having problems also...they have ur $ already and i doubt ur gonna get it back...same with me, REVO stole their software from APR and should be forced to close its doors!!!!! they wont give me my $ back either, good luck

Not sure when you got yours, but I have had mine for about a week. If the issue is not fixed by next week then I will be making a call into my bank and having them reverse the charge.

SanJoJoe

Ready to race!
first time hearing about not being able to get a refund. with APR they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Yeah. I could not find anywhere on their website where it says the 30 day guarantee does not apply if there is a trial available, but they don't mention the guarantee anywhere I can find it on their website. I was able to find it quoted here, but that is not REVO's website so they will probably dispute it.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
DSG ftl in this situation. Hopefully they can get everything worked out for you guys.

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Car(s)
08 bmp gti
Genome said:
i want my baby back baby back, CHILLIIII
Damn, thats old school right there

This is why I took advantage of the APR sale. REVO looked good, but seemed risky after hearing about problems

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
been on this forum since July 2007, this is the first bad thing i've ever heard about REVO since i joined.

NJA3201

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Audi A3
that sucks, sorry to hear that bro, find an attorney. I'm sure they will get their shit together!

Status
Not open for further replies.