GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

light

newCarKid

Ready to race!
so i was just getting into my car before to come home from a friends and the yellow check engine light went on..... i have a 2.0t tsi engine with barely anything done to the car .... any ideas wtf this is about ... i have like 7500miles after ayear

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Kind of difficult to give insight given the details you've provided. Go to autozone or advanced auto or napa and have them scan the code. Then look the code up. That will give you a good idea. Or you could just take it to the dealership? Maybe if you had a generic code reader, or vag com you could diagnose and fix the problem yourself.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Uhg...when will people learn that we are not omnipotent gods and read your ECU from across the internets. You give no details and expect an answer...*sigh*

Anyways, if its just a solid CEL, dont worry about it and get it scanned at your earliest convenience. If the shit REALLY hit the fan, it would be blinking and/or red and/or your MFD would be yelling at you.

newCarKid

Ready to race!
Uhg...when will people learn that we are not omnipotent gods and read your ECU from across the internets. You give no details and expect an answer...*sigh*

Anyways, if its just a solid CEL, dont worry about it and get it scanned at your earliest convenience. If the shit REALLY hit the fan, it would be blinking and/or red and/or your MFD would be yelling at you.

hey I know your trying to help but .... I'm sorry I can't give any more details ... I gave you everything I could give you in regards to info ... I was just worried about my dub

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Step 1: Get code scanned
Step 2: Post Fault code and wait for responses

/end thread until this time.

npalao

VDub Lover
Car(s)
GTI MKV
As mentioned before, if you feel nothing weird with the car it was either a false alarm or the fault is not so bad (yet). Get it scanned and be at peace. With your mileage, it is very possible that it can be either an ignition coil or an O2 sensor.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

Yes blinking bad been there done that