GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picked it up today

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
Well, after 117 days I have finally picked up my Golf. It is a 1.9l TDI Comfortline, 6sp Manual with a sunfoof.

Its no GTI but I like it.

Went from a BA XR6 and a Renault Clio as a little runaround to only having the Renault. I am loving the extra room.

Here are some shots that I thought I'd share.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC02488.jpg
    DSC02488.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC02489.jpg
    DSC02489.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC02490.jpg
    DSC02490.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC02486.jpg
    DSC02486.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 330

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
Congrats mate!:clap: looks nice, I like that colour!:thumbsup:

Are you planning any mods?

Would look great colour coded! And a nice set of wheels wouldnt hurt!

Are you aware you can upgrade the ECU on Diesels also?. I know someone who has done it on his TDI and it goes great, while maintaning fuel economy!:burnrubber:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Congrats on getting your gorgeous new Golf, looks great.
I bet it feels huge compared to the Clio - feels like I'm driving a limo compared to my mcs.

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
The room inside is great... Almost like I'm in the Falcon again. We still have the Clio but I will do my best to not have to drive it (will leave it for the wife)

As far as mods go, the only things I am really planing to do to it at the moment are get the windows tinted and put a set of european number plates on it (if you can call those mods). There is not that much you can do to a 1.9deisel apart from the ECU is there?

I would like to find a nice set of 16" wheels to put on it but that may not be for a while.

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
The room inside is great... Almost like I'm in the Falcon again. We still have the Clio but I will do my best to not have to drive it (will leave it for the wife)

As far as mods go, the only things I am really planing to do to it at the moment are get the windows tinted and put a set of european number plates on it (if you can call those mods). There is not that much you can do to a 1.9deisel apart from the ECU is there?

I would like to find a nice set of 16" wheels to put on it but that may not be for a while.

Euro plates look the best IMHO! :thumbsup:

Mods depend on you, there's heaps you can do! ECU, exhaust, bodykit or just colour coding! Jetta or GTI front end. Personal choice really! Not that they look bad standard, but also doesnt take much to get them looking a whole lot better!

How bout something like the B5 RS4 wheel in a 17" replica, nice wheel and keeps the standard multispoke look!

even new B7 RS4 wheel

You can get these for around $1400 with tyres for 17-inch!:thumbsup:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
looks vry nice congrats :thumbsup:

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys.

All is going well so far except for a rattle that has developed at the rear on the passanger side..

I have taken the parcel shelf out, folded the seats down and it is still there (only when going aroung town and hitting small bumps in the road.. fine on the highway). This weekend I am going to take the spare out and see if it makes a difference.

That one thing aside, its great.. 300km so far and it is saying that the distance to empty is 750km.. not bad for the first tank.

Its just a shame I have to take it to the car wash due to water restrictions.. I hate those things.

Last edited: