GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Audio Volume Question??

GTI689

Oval Champion
I just took purchase of a 2006 black gti and when i turn the music up it gets loud then goes back down?? and when i turn it down it gets loud for liek a second then goes down? And when im just listening to it and crusing it randominly goes down and up by its self?? Is this normal are any of you other mk5 owners experiencing this?? Its realy weird it happens on botht he radio and the cd player??

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
have u read Christine by Stephen King:wink:

else try the GALA function which controls the volume based on the speed you are doing - its all in the manual.:thumbsup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It's been covered already.....the auto EQ has soft clipping. It sucks.

GTI689

Oval Champion
Shovels said:
have u read Christine by Stephen King:wink:

else try the GALA function which controls the volume based on the speed you are doing - its all in the manual.:thumbsup:

Where is that located? The gala fnctions? Im looking in the manual i dont seem 2 see ne thing about that? Do you know what page?

big papa

Oval Newbie
It is in the manual, I disabled it myself from the manual's instructions. Sorry I do't recall the page. I don't remember it being called GALA though??? There are different levels of auto adjusting, and you can turn it off. There are also MP3 display and SCAN parameters you can change there also.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Amier said:
Where is that located? The gala fnctions? Im looking in the manual i dont seem 2 see ne thing about that? Do you know what page?
DAMN tuff croud. Don't exactly know what page it is on, but it is in the Radio manual. Shoot i do not even know if it will fix the clipping but here is what I know posted on this thread. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643 it the link is ded just search "Found out some stuff bout the radio" and it should take you there. If this still doent help shoot me an IM and I will look through my manual and try to reel you in.
Damn that was hard, taking 5 minutes to help a fellow MKVer

plac

GTI Master
you cant turn off soft clipping. but VW can once the notice is approved.

car

Autocross Champion
What you are describing doesn't sound at all like clipping. There is a function on your stereo that will let itself change volume depending on your speed. There are three levels, and you can also turn it off. Hold down the Scan button (the knob on the right) and it will open up a menu for a few controls. You scroll through using the scan knob and select using the cd buttons.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Naw it is soft clipping. But I have noticed as of late people are getting craby on here.....don't know what's up.

car

Autocross Champion
I've seen LOTS of complaints about the factory stereo and I'm just curious as to what all of you with the complaints are listening to. Seriously bass-heavy house music, hip hop, industrial, what? Personally, I think the stereo sounds pretty damned good, but then, I've always had stock stereos in my cars and never listened to any bumpin' music. Oldtime stringband music could scarcely sound better.
Just curious....

YES it is Soft Clipping. Found on page 2 of Audio/Video of this forum. I had posted this before.

If someone wants to find the answer faster, the technical term for that happening is from the "Soft Clipping." "If the volume is set to maximum, you may notice that the radio output will become distorted, The Soft Clipping function detects this distortion and will automatically adjust the volume to provide the most distortion free output." (GTI Manual 3.4, 36)
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475

plac

GTI Master
Some people know about the VW software fix for soft clipping. But they are under contract not to say anything until an annoucement is made. So keep your panties on.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Eh, I already yanked mine out. Sounds waaaaaaay better with the aftermarket stuff.