GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Phone Button

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
I know that VW is working with electronics company/ies to get a handsfree phone system for the GLI/GTI.....but does anyone have an update on this? I dont know why VW didnt jsut opt to integrate bluetooth (or at least option it as OE like Toyota is doing on the new Camry) but nonetheless if anyone has any additional info on how the system will work, when it is available, etc. please update here.....

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
u can buy the package from VW to have it work. but im with you it shouldve came STOCK. i think i saw it for sale over on the Vortex. might wanna give it a search there bro.

alf

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It can't be that hard to install. But for those of us who ripped out the factory crapy radio I wonder if it would be worth it at all.

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
Yea I know about teh bluetooth, I'm jsut wondering about the GTI specific phone set up.....apparently they should have one soon. we shall see if anyone sees or reads anything update us please. Thanks.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I to want info about this.. This would be a great feature to have. The A3 already has this option from the factory, and so should the newer VW's.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
AT first bluetooth seemed cool, but most bluetooth phones have voice recognition technology, when my phone rings when im driving its the cup holder, it tells me who is calling via a voice, and i say answer or ignore, and it does just that all without me doing anything

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
i happen to think the factory crappy radio is pretty damn nice!!!!!! Your driving a GTI , If you want to talk on the phone and drive get a Yugo or something. Listen to your FAST not the freakin phone.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
If the A3 has it, can it be installed in the GTI? Many parts are the same, right?

This is my biggest gripe on the GTI.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
Actually, let me add one more Q.

Is there anything new on this coming from the factory? I don't want any tacked on type stuff. This is my favorite feature on the Acura TSX, I'd love to see it in the GTI. Seems everything is ready (in dash display, phone button, etc). Wish they'd have something.

Anything for 2007?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
My car (from jan 05) has had factory phone installation. The steering wheel controls work to disconnect etc. I'm kinda surprised that you guys don't get it (which is how it appears from what I've read here)

Gazboy

Does the phone kit Work?

I am going to order a new GTI for October delivery, but have heard less than flattering things about the call quality of the VW factory phone kit. How have you got on with it CMDRFIRE? I have also heard that it 'drops' calls.

ps what phone have you got?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
The phone quality from the VW kit was pretty good, nothing spectacular but it did the job. I did have some troubles with dropped calls for awhile, but I think this had more to do with the handset adaptor being a bit loose when connecting to the main unit - I took it off and just reattached it with a bit of a push, and haven't had any trouble since. I'm using an old Sony-Ericsson T610 at the moment, though I'm looking to get an adaptor for a K750i or something newer instead.
Recently (since I reattached the adaptor) it's been working great, call quality both incoming and outgoing is clear, I just don't like the beee-beee-booo-beee ringing noise it makes when there is an incoming call :p

cb1111

Ahh, but the UK phones are hardwired - not BT, unless I'm mistaken.

I spoke with VW Germany a week or so ago and they informed me that no BT module was available.

If the UK module is BT then I'd love to have the part number.

US dealers sell the Motorola 1000 unit which, while it works fine if the microphone is installed correctly, still is an add on unit and doesn't use the phone buttons on the steering wheel - it does, however, mute the radio......