GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chance to get a GTI (need opinions)

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys,

I work at a Benz dealership and today someone traded in a 2006 GTI MKV.
I wasn't planning on buying one until this summer when I graduate Univ. of Maryland, but this deal sounds tasty.

Silver 2006 GTI MKV (I wanted a black or gunmetal one :frown: )
8000 miles
DSG
Leather
Navi with 6 disk cd changer
dual digital climate control
17" wheels
babied, the car has no scratches at all (the mats are still in plastic in the trunk)

The used car department is letting me have it for $21500. I can maybe get it down to $21000. This sounds like a good deal to me with all the options that the car has. It is basically fully loaded save for the 18" wheels (that I did now want in the 1st place, cuz I am gonna swap)
Should I go for it?

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
thats alot of miles for 6months or so

walangij

D1 2010!
The Reflex Silver is a great color for keeping it clean although I love UG even though I have a BMP which is difficult to take care of. Sounds alright to me esp since it's pretty well packaged.

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks, I think so, too. We'll see what I can get for my 2000 Prelude in the trade-in. If they'll offer me something decent, I'll get the GTI. If not, I'll wait until summer or fall and get the BMP or the UG.

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
i had a similar deal, package 1 in United Gray perfect condition, 8k miles on it, got it for 19k out the door

So 20k out the door for you with all those cool little gadgets doesnt sound bad at all.

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
i had a similar deal, package 1 in United Gray perfect condition, 8k miles on it, got it for 19k out the door

So 20k out the door for you with all those cool little gadgets doesnt sound bad at all.

I mean, even for 21K with navi, leather, climate it seems still worth it if yours went for 19 without all that stuff.

RSC17

R32 OG
if you can get a decent trade-in for the prelude definitely do it, that price seems ridiculously low for what you're getting.