GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying one without a sunroof?

fpanda

Passed Driver's Ed
What is the order time for getting a new GTI without the sunroof option? Can the car be had without a sunroof? I have configured one online but can't find a dealership in Texas without one. All I want is Black Magic, Interlagos, DSG and Sirius. Thoughts?

miatamat

Ready to race!
Try Rusty Wallace VW in Dallas, they have the exact spec you are looking for as of yesterday. I know because I was going to buy it but decided on a package 2 instead. Good Luck.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Both Package 1 and Package 2 have the sunroof. What you are looking for is a DSG with Package 0. Search for a black DSG with Package 0 and then add the satellite as a dealer option.

Good luck!!

miatamat

Ready to race!
Just got an e flyer from Rusty Wallis VW stating $300 off invoice on in-stock GTI's. FYI - I have no affiliation. I bought a Candy White, Package 2 with DSG today for $25,750 OTD (6.25% sales tax in Texas) from another dealer. Picking it up on Tuesday.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Gettin off subject, but I got my package to without DSG for $24059 out the door. You got ripped. Just kidding, yours is still a good deal. I went to the largest volume VW seller in Ohio and they advertise that they will beat any dealers price by $300. I had them beat it by $700. Plus my first price was a fake one I made up. They aren't concerned with large profits, just getting the sell over someone else. If I were you I would go back and forth between 2 VW dealers. This usually frustrates them but they know that the best price gets the sell and thats usually when real good deals start coming out. The two that I test drove came were at a different lot then the one I ended up purchasing my ride at. After all, it's business.

miatamat

Ready to race!
Kirk180 thanks for the tips. I did not mention that I also had the 18in rims included in the price. I paid $23K plus TTL so I'm pretty happy with that at $2,500 below invoice. I had the dealers competing wth each other untill they all walked away from the deal, then I called the one with the best price. In my book you only know how far someone is willing to go when they walk away.

fpanda

Passed Driver's Ed
Sweet! I see that they still have the GTI that miatamat pointed out in their online inventory. I will give them a call first thing Monday and see if it is still in stock and if it has Sirius or not. I have tried to fit in the GTI with the sunroof but it is a little low for me. Being 6'9" I have issues with some vehicles and I am excited to see how much extra headspace will be gained with no sunroof.

Thanks for all of the info.

fpanda

Passed Driver's Ed
miatamat, did the GTI that you are reffering too have a Sirius or XM sat radio? Also, how many miles did it have on it? Was it used as a loaner car? One last thing, can you send me the e-flyer for the $300+ saving to my email address at rworld@ev1.net?

Thanks for your help. If I can negotiate with them over the phone then I will make the 4.5 hour drive to go look at it.

miatamat

Ready to race!
fpanda, you have mail and it was Sirius radio. I may have read the flyer wrong,looks like $1000 off in stock 2005/2006 GTI's but I bet it's off remaining mark 4. GC

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
kirk180 said:
Gettin off subject, but I got my package to without DSG for $24059 out the door. You got ripped. Just kidding, yours is still a good deal. I went to the largest volume VW seller in Ohio and they advertise that they will beat any dealers price by $300. I had them beat it by $700. Plus my first price was a fake one I made up. They aren't concerned with large profits, just getting the sell over someone else. If I were you I would go back and forth between 2 VW dealers. This usually frustrates them but they know that the best price gets the sell and thats usually when real good deals start coming out. The two that I test drove came were at a different lot then the one I ended up purchasing my ride at. After all, it's business.

Hey kirk180, tell me which dealer in OHIO. I live in Kentucky and will be making me move next month. I'll drive up there to pick it up if have to. I want the best deal.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Just picked up a united grey w/o sunroof--the only one I could find in the North SF Bay Area. They are out there . . . .

fpanda

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for not posting in a while, I have been out of town. I was not able to secure the car that you mentioned from Rusty Wallace. Apparently someone contracted on it before I could make the call to them. I am still on the lookout for a Black, Package 0, with Sirius and DSG. I just haven't had the time as of late to look at all of the dealerships for it. I may just go to one of the dealerships in Houston and order it. If anyone comes across one just post back in the forum.

Thanks,

Fpanda

fpanda

Passed Driver's Ed
I have decided that I am going to wait until Q2 or Q3 of 2007 and see if I can get an 07 R32. I wonder if you can get those without a sunroof as well? Anyone know if this will be an option? Does anyone think that the delivery time will be as I mentioned above?