GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Service Now" Light, how do I turn it off

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
Good morning,

I just got my fast back after its 10k checkup in the idiots at VW did not turn off the "Service Now" light on the dash. Is there some secret handshake that I can do to turn that darn thing off?

Also I have look at the posts on removing the engine cover assuming that the air filter in under or in the thing. Now I’m a big guy and I learned early in life if it wont come easy do not force it as you make break something. Is the air filter where I think it is, and do I just have to pull and curse, pull a little bit more and curse again?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
1.hold the 0.0
2. turn key to on
3. when service now comes on...
4. let go of 0.0 and push M once

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
"Service Now" light

Thank you,

I could not remember where I read the information before, and I did remember the last step.

Swankmonkey Racing has some interesting bit of info, well at least for me but I'm just a hack. http://www.swankmonkey.com/

Once again thank you :thumbup:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Just changed my oil. I don't see what all the hype is about. A draining tool would be nice, but several cars get oil all over creation when you remove the oil filter. Wow, I just saved $14.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Just changed my oil. I don't see what all the hype is about. A draining tool would be nice, but several cars get oil all over creation when you remove the oil filter. Wow, I just saved $14.

its just nice to have the drain tool.

its ALOT less mess.

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Good morning,

Also I have look at the posts on removing the engine cover assuming that the air filter in under or in the thing. Now I’m a big guy and I learned early in life if it wont come easy do not force it as you make break something. Is the air filter where I think it is, and do I just have to pull and curse, pull a little bit more and curse again?

You just have to pull hard. Make sure to pull at equal points, so the force is equally displaced--otherwise you might crack the plastic.

The air filter is in the back of the cover. You have to take out all of the screws (phillips), and then open the cover, and you will see the air filter.

:thumbup:

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Here is a pic of the back of the engine cover:

Here is a link with info on how to take it off:

http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/remove_engine_cover/

The air filter is under that silver thing on the left :)