GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metal-ized tint?

TXTGTI

Ready to race!
Hey, do ya'll know much about the metalized tint? I'm getting it done today and I'm not sure if I should do regular tint or the metallized kind. The guy recommends the metallized, but I think I prefer the regular. Opinions?

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Um.....I had heard that the glass in the windows stops 99% of the UV rays, and adding tint only increases it to like 99.5%.

Like azcms once said, that's why you don't get sunburned while driving.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Hey, do ya'll know much about the metalized tint? I'm getting it done today and I'm not sure if I should do regular tint or the metallized kind. The guy recommends the metallized, but I think I prefer the regular. Opinions?

If you have a Radar Detector or EZPass I would go with the regular tints.. the metallized tints hinder the detection. but if you're not going to get either one of these things then go with the metallized ones..

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
depends what your tinting for.. looks.. or to keep the sun out?

TXTGTI

Ready to race!
i was doing it for looks, but i decided on regular ol' tint. i got 35% all the way around. thanks guys.

slick

I have put Huper Optik tinting on & its great. Ceramic i think. slightly more than reg tinting tho. The sun through the glass has no heat. opposed to my truck with reg tinting I can still feel the heat even though the glass is tinted darker. reg tinting cuts the light & UV but not the heat, others do a better job of that.

phil80vwrabbit

Can't tell me nothing!
Car(s)
2007 4dr Shadow Blue

I heard that Metallized tint interfeers with the antenna in the rear window or something. Ceramic is the best.