*Originally came from NASIOC*

REPORT NO: A015891E
DATE: 030806
TIME: 1:15 AM
LOCATION: SCOTT COUNTY ON COUNTY ROAD 524 4 MILES NORTHEAST OF SIKESTON
CAR: 2006 SUBARU WRX
DRIVERS AGE: 23
ADDRESS: SIKESTON, MO

NOTES: DRIVER LOST CONTROL OF VEHICLE, RAN OFF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROADWAY AND STRUCK A TREE. VEHICLE TOTALLY BURNED. DRIVER PRONOUNCED AT THE SCENE BY DEPUTY CORONER.

Sorry for the caps, this is almost a direct copy/paste of the accident report. The vehicle is said to have been going in excess of 120 mph, became airborn after running off the road, and struck the lone tree in the field...8 feet up. The single-car accident happened less than 2 miles from his home. I have more details (my girlfriends dad is the coroner), but I'll spare everyone. I'll be taking pictures tomorrow.

Everyone, please, let this be a reminder.

Went out to the site today to take some pix, and sadly, it seems obvious as to what happened. No skit marks, and no damage to the grass on either side of the road. I believe he lost control after cresting a small hill/bridge, maybe after catching some air over it. The road itself may be straight, but is made of all different types of pavements, isn't too wide, and has quite a shoulder in some spots, so it's easy to want to drive closer to the center (which can give a false sense of security). I wouldn't feel safe at over 70 mph on it, and if there was any traffic at all, it'd probably be best to be under 50 mph.

This is a pic of the small hill/bridge that caused the accident (along with a high-rate of speed), if you look closely you can see the tree as well (middle of the pic, and on the Left). Notice the difference in pavement just at the beginning of the hill/bridge.

This is a clearer, and more obvious pic.

The final resting place. Not sure where the "8 feet up" came from, but I didn't see the car on the tree itself. You can see flowers, and a Honda "H" of all things, that were put on the tree.

This is a pic looking back from the tree, you can again clearly see the small hill/bridge, and the difference in pavements.

Last edited:

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
condolences to the family and friends.
just sent this to my bro that currently drives a wrx and told him not to be stupid.
thanks for sharing man.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
I just sent this to my best friend who drives a white WRX pushing 350 at the wheels. This thread represents my worst nightmare. Even the best drivers can't control everything. Please be smart.

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
That road looks just like a good WRC Type Rallying road.
Who hasn;t pretended they had pace notes on roads like that?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Ram_Kev said:
That road looks just like a good WRC Type Rallying road.
Who hasn;t pretended they had pace notes on roads like that?
You read my mind. Boy does that road look awful tempting. I could see where someone had to give it a shot. What happened is sad and all though. You gotta be careful out there. I crashed my Civic Si at 90mph and forunatly I'm still here to chat about it.

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
What a shame, I hate to see this.

Listen, we all know the chances we are taking when we drive the way we do. Just try to be smart, kids! Every race driver knows his track before he pushes the handling limits of his (or her) machine. Let's keep our wits about us and try to learn the road before testing our luck, I don't want to see this kind of post about one of you guys (or anyone, for that matter).

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
sorry to see that....

that is why i have been advocating for quite sometimes. Not because i am a dick, i hate to see these kind of accidents happening to people with bright future, just because being irresponsible. Speeding and illegal street racing is awful.

Too bad for the driver.... Lets carry the enthusiasm to the tracks...

damo

Oval Newbie
Yeah having the time his life one minute, then the next thing you know your Brown Bread.:frown: