GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canon DSLR

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I currently have a Canon Rebel G2 35mm film camera. But I also have a 70-300mm lens, and a 28-105mm lens, which will work on the Canon Digital Rebels. I'm just wondering where the cheapest place to get the Digital Rebels would be, that's also a good reliable site.

If it all possible, I'd like to just buy the Rebel body w/out a lens to cut the costs a bit.

Thanks
-murf

These 2 are the same camera and same price, but the silver one has a lens. Any idea why the "body only" wouldn't be cheaper?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/542178-REG/Canon_2757B001_EOS_Rebel_XSi_Digital.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/542177-REG/Canon_2756B001_EOS_Rebel_XSi_Digital.html

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I priced some stuff out on B&H Photo and it came out to $740 shipped. Items included were:
  1. Canon EOS Rebel XSi Digital Camera (Camera Body Only)
  2. Canon LP-E5 Lithion Ion Battery
  3. Kingston 16GB SD Memory Card
  4. Joby Gorillapod SLR Mini-Tripod
  5. Sunpak 5800D Fluid Head Tripod

I stated in the OP that I already have:
  1. Promaster 28-105mm Lens
  2. Promaster 70-300mm Lens

Does that sound like the best pricing I can get for all that stuff new?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
the description on both say "camera only", your focal range is going to increase due to the crop factor of the 350D as well so you might want to pickup the kit lens as it will giive you about the 28mm you're used to.

if you're used to a bigger camera you might also want to add the battery grip since you've already got the second battery on the list it makes holding the camera a lot easier.

as for SDHC have a look at newegg et al as you can probably find some good deals. I recommend patriot signature series, it's class 6 and really good i've got both the 8 and 16 gb cards.

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Amazon was a little more expensive.

I'm going to try and see if I can get it for my birthday. Haven't really asked for anything big in a couple of years from anyone.

97C280

Stage 2
t1i just been announced to be released in May..

utekineir

Banned
t1i just been announced to be released in May..

I love my xsi, but if the t1i is a similar price there isn't really a question on what to get. I'd hold off till this is on the market wether you find a cheaper xsi because of it, or end up with the new model its a win win situation. Unless you have pressing needs for a dslr in the next month or so.

Murf

Why so serious?
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I'll probly be waiting till summer anways. Most likely will get a camera for a my birthday if I'm lucky.