GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem with long exposures, 35 mm

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
so my camera is a Yashica (or is it Kyocera? both names are on it) auto focus. i think the model is a 250-AF.

well i went out tonight to do some long exposures of my car under a dim street light, and i went through an entire roll of film to get 3 or 4 photos. i set it to Bulb, so i could use a plunger to expose the film for as long as i wanted to. however every time i pressed the plunger it would take a damn photo! i got it to work a few times, but shot the whole roll the rest of the time.

anyone ever had this problem or anything? should i get a new plunger or is it the camera?

fiji

Passed Driver's Ed
Not 100% sure if I understand right but I'm guessing you're using a cable release (plunger). Do you mean when you push the release it just takes a short exposure?

When you put the camera on bulb it means the shutter should stay open as long as you are pushing and holding either the shutter button on the camera, or the plunger on the cable release.

On most cable releases there is a way to lock the plunger down, which will hold the shutter open until you release it.

Without locking the plunger down, simply putting the camera on "bulb" and pressing and releasing the plunger will will result in an exposure time equal to the time you held it down.

Hope this helps.