GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSB for NO SAT

plac

GTI Master
This guy gets all the credit for putting the TSB out

visortgw

This was found in the speedo thread, but it needs it own post also.

The fix for "NO SAT" is another TSB issued two days ago

#00 06 05
Oct. 18, 2006,
2013187, RVU - Radio, Premium Sound (Panasonic) Software Update (OP)

The dealer needs to update the radio firmware to version 21

Last edited:
THANK GOD!

I had this with my XM, just got Sirius and next day BAM NO SAT RADIO. Bout time they have a fix.

That sucks...does this update also include the amp clipping fix? If I have to take my car in, would rather wait to get the newest update instead of going back twice.

plac

GTI Master
I would say it does. As its another firmware upgrade to a later level.

PM me for more info.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
FINALLY!

can't even begin to describe how annoying it is to get the NO SAT message and have the dealer tell me "everything's normal"

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
woot!

leo delarge

I stay high
anyone know the TSB number for the soft clipping...im about to call my dealership and dont want to look like an idiot and give them the wrong number..thanks

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Son of a Bitch! Took the car to my dealer gave him the TSB and the fault code from Vag Com on my radio. He tells me oh no thats for 2007's when clearly according to the TSB, my code matches the information for radios that need the update. He calls me 4 hours later and says, we don't have the update CD yet, so he is going to have to call me back when it comes in. So basically I am getting my car back the same as it was when I took it in, no Sat problem in full effect still.

Lame.

Anyone know where to get the Update CD's? Any Service guys out there that could burn one for a brotha?

plac

GTI Master
dealers suck ass. They dont need the CD to do this. They could FTP the files over if they really wanted to. Thats what they did for my first radio update, when they didnt have a CD.

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Can you tell me how and where they got the files? I'd love to show this guy where the rubber meets the road. Bring in a CD ready for them to do the update.

I find it hard to believe there are no service guys/girls out there that can upload a CD for us :(

plac

GTI Master
the CD doesnt go in your radio... it goes in their highly advanced VAS tester unit.

DOH!