GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[BNE-QLD] WillowBank Test & Tune - 25/04/09

isaw

Banned
[BNE-QLD] WillowBank Test & Tune 29/04/09

EDIT/UPDATE: After talking to a fair few people they seem to think you get more runs on a Wednesday night, so its looking more and more like the 29th of April. If thats the case we cant really meet anyone anywhere due to finishing work at all different times, so what do you all think about just catching up out there?

Howdy All!

Its Time I arranged a event for the dubbers to attend and I cant think of anything better than legally being able to speed and race other people, so its off to the drags we go!

Date/Time:
Wednesday 29th OR Saturday 25th April 2009. Please post what day works better for you, the wednesday night or the saturday afternoon. The gates open @ 4pm, and first races are at 4.30pm.

Racing finishes @ about 10pm so we'll head home then or before.

Meet Point:
Black Street, Milton. The traditional Milton Maccas/BP location. This will allow everyone to top up with Ultimate and get something to eat as there is limited fuel/food out there. See map for more info.

Cost:
$38 to race, admits the entrant and one other. So bring a friend who can film you flogging the pants off some leb who thinks his skyline is fast. If you just want to come and watch its $19. Best advice is to find someone who will be racing with no passenger, and jump in. Just leave your car in the parking lot.

What to bring:
* helmet to Standard
* long sleeve shirt
* long pants
* covered shoes

If you dont have these, buy/borrow or dont bother coming cause you wont be allowed on the track.

Other notes:
If you have CB's bring them as it can be a boring drive out there/back sticking to the speed limit.
There is usually cops/speed cameras on the way outback, so dont be stupid on public roads. you'll get your speed thrills soon enough.
try and lighten your car where possible (but keep the spare, you might need it) eg sub box's...

All mkv's and others are invited. this is your chance to run your buddy's skyline/wrx/v8 so make sure to invite him along... You will have the option to do more runs than you could care to do.

Links:
The map/route we'll be taking (with directions)
Details about the event: Willowbankraceway

I think that covers it, any questions? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bj240z

Sounds very cool...I take it we pay when we get there? The only thing I don't have yet is a helmet, so need to get my hands on one of them. Anyone got some suggestions on where to head to get a helmet, and what sort of money is reasonable to pay for an Aus Standards helmet anyways.
BJ

BrissyGTI

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Should be a fun day, will make sure that I can make this one.

Bj240z: you should be able to easly beat my best time of 13.74 with that pirelli of yours.
:cool:

isaw

Banned
If your after a helmet check cashies as they usually have some ones going cheap, and its not really worth spending $500 on a new one.

You pay on the door when you arrive, and there will be all sorts of other cars out there. Hopefully as its anzac day ppl will be too drunk to drive out there so it should be a quieter than usual.

sorry to hear about work Benno, maybe try and shift swap with some other sucka??

BrissyGTI

Well just found out I wont be able to make it, I got a friend B'day party on that week, F$#@ F%^@ F%^# haven't been for ages. Ow well always next time. :cry:

isaw

Banned
That week? its a saturday night and you'll be back by 10... Most parties I know only start around that time ;)

BrissyGTI

That week? its a saturday night and you'll be back by 10... Most parties I know only start around that time ;)

Well it is dinner at Dracuales on the gold coast and then going out from there, so yes that earlyer, need to leave brisbane around 5pm because doors open at 6pm.

benno

AU section: 1 man band
sorry to hear about work Benno, maybe try and shift swap with some other sucka??

Haha, mate I was supposed to have the weekend off but swapped to help out some other clown!

I may be able to make it though... I finish fairly early that day. Don't think I'll race though - 1/4 mile in my car would suck as it has no launch control.

I do have a helmet that I may be able to lend someone if I actually make it...

606gti

black sheep
why not just go a wednesday night?... its usually real busy on the saturdays isnt it?

isaw

Banned
If I moved this to the wednesday would more people be interested in coming? wont get as many runs but might be somewhat more convenient?

benno

AU section: 1 man band
The 22nd? I've got the day off. I'll be designated photog, unless I can steal the old mans car. I've been experimenting with ways to get my GT TDI off the line quicker and it's just not happening so 1/4 mile action would be pointless.

Aleksii

34RNT
I'm most definitely coming whether it's a Saturday or a Wednesday.

isaw

Banned
Cant add a poll. but please post what day works better for you and we'll go with majority rules.

I'll vote Wednesday night, so that I can go out on anzac day :D

BrissyGTI

Cant add a poll. but please post what day works better for you and we'll go with majority rules.

I'll vote Wednesday night, so that I can go out on anzac day :D

I can make the 22nd of April I am working from home so I could finish early and get down there by 4pm. So that would be great.:fighting0030: