GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTIs coming to Australia

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik

Taken at the 2006 German Autofest in Canberra last weekend (more pics here).

:thumbsup:

How cool is this! Anyone else up on the details? My understanding is there will be a limited run of 200 3dr GTIs coming to Australia, priced at $1500 less than the 5drs. A bit sketchy on other details, for example, the 200 cars are specced already I think, unsure when they will be in Australia. But the 3drs destined for Australia are built in Wolfsburg. :smoking:

:burnrubber:

Last edited:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Apparently an official announcement will be made on the 3dr GTI by (or perhaps on) October 30. I'm guessing this will tie in with the Motor Show in Sydney. By the way if you'd like to see the car in pics above, it will be at the Motor Show.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
looks cool hahaha cant wait for the motor show

nike61

Ready to race!
Hey Liam
You get around. Its hard to not get onto a forum without catching up?
You gunna get a GTI and replace that MCS

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The Eos wasn't bad.. I really wish they had the optional Dynaudio stereo for the Eos available as an option on the GTI... That's the only thing I like about it I think...

I'd also like the 18" Monza II's from the <cough> .:R TDi <cough> Caddy...

I wonder how good the security is at the local dealer of a night.. :biggrin:

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Just changed my 5dr order to 3dr...arrival is december...1 and a bit more month woot woot

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
yeh saw the 3dr at the motor show and the eos they both look vry nice but in the end i still think the 5dr is better IMO:cool:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I think the 5 door looks better in Candy White, blue and silver. The 3 door looks better in black and united grey... I don't really like the TR on the car at all.. Just hasn't grown on me.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I don't mind the red. Usually red does nothing for me unless the car is from Maranello, but in the Mk5 I reckon the red looks okay.

There's a united grey R32 at Lennock at the moment too (5dr IIRC).

Hux

Passed Driver's Ed
For those that have had a chance to see a 3 door GTI in the flesh, how is the room in the backseat? I'm considering placing an order on a 3 door, but if there's sweet FA room in the back, then I'll stick with the 5 door.
The way I'm looking at it at the moment is that I can pick up a 3 door with leather for around the price of a 5 door with Interlagos, and I'd have a bit more of an individual model with the 3 door.