GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has used Goodyear F1 GSD3 Made in Australia?

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
I'm not wowed by mine. Very noisy and the front end is getting a bit slippery after ~15k. A rotation might help the grip, but the noise is unavoidable.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
I found the GSD3 to be worse than my factory CSC2's for performance. They are quieter than the CSC2 though at the beginning. Little more noise now but still a bit better than CSC2.
Wet weather grip is worse than CSC2, despite GSD3 supposedly being better in the wet (why I got them in the first place!).
Having said that, it is possible that my wheel alignment (toe only apparently in the GTI) may be out which would affect turn in. But I know I can wheelspin the GSD3's like I could when the CSC2's were worn. The GSD3's like to be warm to grip, whereas the CSC2's get worse when too warm.

Personally I would go with the F1 asymmetric or CSC3's. That's what I'm doing when these wear out.

NOTE - mine are not Aus manufactured but made (where else) in CHINA.

Last edited:

rexi888

Ready to race!
The gsd3 F1 are woeful. They have an extremely soft sidewall which leads to the tire rolling over the rim irrespective of how much tire pressure you put in them and leads to a very vague delayed turn in and to LOTS of understeer. Also they become very noisy after a while.:mad0259:

Will never buy this tire ever again.

Regards
George
Albury/Wodonga

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Why wouldn't you pay a bit more and go for the Good year F1 Asymmetrical's? Rave reviews in all conditions, i think i'll try them next.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
I missed out by 2 weeks. They weren't in the country when I got my tyres.
Just 2 damned weeks!