GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tint bubbles?

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Ok i had my tint done now 3 TiMES and im not satisfied and im wondering if anyone else with there tints had experienced bubbling around the ends and i mean extreme amounts of it running the whole top of the trim of the window and the corners.

thanks

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
x2

It is normal to have bubbles for about a week until the tint "cures" so I hear

I just got my tint done today, and I have bubbles...but they go away....trust me

phokim

Passed Driver's Ed
You shouldn't have bubbles in the tint at all after a couple days - my tinter uses a lamp to 'cure' the tint after his install. The dot matrix on the window edges is next to impossible to get completely right on VWs for some reason (per a couple tinters).

mKvDuBBy

SoFa KiNg FaSt
Car(s)
MKV GTI
mine took about 3 days for all the bubbles to go away. Dont worry. they will be gone.

GTiMkVtyler

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI MkV
You shouldn't have bubbles in the tint at all after a couple days - my tinter uses a lamp to 'cure' the tint after his install. The dot matrix on the window edges is next to impossible to get completely right on VWs for some reason (per a couple tinters).

Yeah, my dot matrix shows up a little too much to me. Others don't notice, but since it's mine I tend to notice the little things. I also made the mistake of rolling my windows down 10 minutes after I go them tinted. I used my license to get all of the bubbles out so I didn't have to get it re-done. My suggestion is to put tape over your window buttons or something. It's not hard to forget.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
no no no not bubble size i had thoughs and thoughs went away im talking about little tiny dots all over the border of the window. They look to have hair in it and the tint shop here in miami told me its because the trim on the top makes it have all thoughs little dots on the tops and corners and i said i dont believe it every car has insulation to keep water out and ive seen cars without these little dots on the edges. I WENT 3 TIMES and im still not impressed with the job. Should of asked around for a quality shop.