GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FAQ Page

Dub_52

Ready to race!
Ok,...

First of all I searched the forum for "FAQ" (frequently asked questions), and found none.

Is there a possibility of establishing a "FAQ sticky page" ?

By doing so, this might eliminate or at least reduce the most commonly asked redundant questions posed here by new members.

If there is any interest by the Administrators/Moderators, I would be happy to provide any help I may to establish/organize/promote same.

Just an early morning idea.

Dub_52

Last edited:

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
i think its a good idea

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
I kinda disagree with that idea, for the fact that that is what kind of makes a forum, and people sharing their ideas, even if it has already been answered before, maybe 2 months later when it is asked again, people have other ideas or experiances..if there arent really any new posts, then there is nothin to browse through or to reply to......just my opinion though

Teeps

Ready to race!
I kinda disagree with that idea, for the fact that that is what kind of makes a forum, and people sharing their ideas, even if it has already been answered before, maybe 2 months later when it is asked again, people have other ideas or experiances..if there arent really any new posts, then there is nothin to browse through or to reply to......just my opinion though

If you have something new to an old question, then just update the FAQs, no?

+1 for FAQs!

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I'm bringing this thread back because lately it is gettin almost overwhelming how many people are not using the Search button.

We need a FAQ... Heck I'll even get this going myself.. I'm at work now but this weekend its ON!!!!

Nikerey

Darkness
What are we Vortex?

we dont need no stinking FAQs. Althought i do get at least 2-3 questions a week about my BMP huffs or the painted badges. eventhough i dont have either of them anymore.

ShadowGLI

Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
What are we Vortex?

we dont need no stinking FAQs. Althought i do get at least 2-3 questions a week about my BMP huffs or the painted badges. eventhough i dont have either of them anymore.

What is having an easily navigable source of information a bad thing? No, I wouldn't consider your questions FAQ material... However,

"What size tire can I fit"
"What Chips are available"
"What Intakes are available"
"What Body Kits are available"
"Who is this Alf Guy"
"What Grille is this" (homemade badgeless grill)
"What is the most intimidating way to be a bench racer"
Etc

You get it..

I wish we had recources like the DSM community V-Faq

But then again, here it would be nice to have a MKV FAQ...

Nikerey

Darkness
What is having an easily navigable source of information a bad thing? No, I wouldn't consider your questions FAQ material... However,

"What size tire can I fit"
"What Chips are available"
"What Intakes are available"
"What Body Kits are available"
"Who is this Alf Guy"
"What Grille is this" (homemade badgeless grill)
"What is the most intimidating way to be a bench racer"
Etc

You get it..

I wish we had recources like the DSM community V-Faq

But then again, here it would be nice to have a MKV FAQ...

My post was kind of a joke, i can see the benifit of having a FAQ thread. Or at least sticky a bunch of good threads

ShadowGLI

Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
My post was kind of a joke, i can see the benifit of having a FAQ thread. Or at least sticky a bunch of good threads

Yea I was part joking too...

My idea was to have a Thread with FAQ's, hyperlinks to other threads within out network.. make it a sticky and everytime a Noob asks something dumb, you link them to the FAQ they want.. or at least we can get search for them more quickly.. :rolleyes:

Dub_52

Ready to race!
ShadowGLI,...

Lets do it !

I thought this thread was dead, but it now seems as if there is a somewhat growing interest.

Again, I offer my limited knowledge and skills to help build a thread with facts, information, hyperlinks and related information about our VW's.

lemme know.

In the meantime check yer PM's

Dub_52