GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G'day guys!

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, just thought I would say g'day and introduce my new ride :thumbup:

Had an order on an XR5 as I was put of by the wait on the GTI. Still waiting on the XR5 I thought it best to test the waters and see what was out there ready soon. As fate would have it, after an excellent test drive I soon placed an order and got delivery after less than 2 weeks:laughabove: Very happy!

Got the TR with black DSG, black leather and a sunroof. Couldn't justify the cost for the xenons or sat nav plus I probably would have had to wait...

Was sceptical of the DSG but am now in love! The sound this little puppy makes is awesome!

The only mods in the short term will be a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 2s, and tints... Then, a chip! (If I still have my licence:eek: )

Here is a pic of the new beast after a run up to Port Macquarie for work. At least she'll be run in by the time I get back :headbang:

Later!!
Stu

Attachments

• New GTI.jpg
    New GTI.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 287

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Congrats on the pick-up and welcome aboard Stu! :thumbsup:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Congrats and welcome... :thumbsup:

On the cost of the Xenons, $1900-odd does seem a little bit steep, but if you do any amount of night or early morning driving, they're easily worth it. I'd take them over the sunroof without hesitation.

Moot point anyway, but to me, they're worth twice what I paid for them...

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
Welcome aboard! Please let us know how everything goes with your mods and your tyre swap (not sure why you're swapping them so soon?)

Cheers.

Tyre swap went well, so far there is a noticable difference in the way it handles but as the tyres bed in it should be more aparent. The PS2s are supposed to be the shizzle so I can't wait.

The main reason I changed them so early is because I got a good price on the Contis as a trade in. They had 1000kms on them and the tyre place bought them off me for their cost price, new! How could I refuse!!! Plus, it is on a novated lease so it is all covered anyhoo...

The run back from Port Macquarie was very comfy except for the heat! Was over 35 degrees most of the way!!

Weekend is here, time to go cruising! Speaking of which, when is there an up and coming cruise here in oz?

Later!

fastgolfer

Ready to race!
congrats on your new GTI!

The next cruise is tomorrow (Sat 14th Oct '06) in Canberra at 2:30pm leaving from the Russell Carpark (north side of Lake Burley Griffin - just off Parkes Way near Carrillion and big eagle on a stick)

The the German Autofest takes place on Sunday nearby starting at 10:00am for public. Those displaying vehicles access via Wendouree Dr at 9:00am.

full details here: http://www.smonson.com/vwclub/forum/viewtopic.php?t=229

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
is there ever a cruise in sydney anyone know:cool:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
ohhh cograts on the new TR GTI looks vry nice and welcome

Donald32

Backseat Driver
G'day mates, just flicking through the threads. Awesome site and forums. Have ordered a R32 with the Karthoums, expecting delivery sometime Feb07. Pity there isn't much 32 talk here but nonetheless I'm enjoying the GTI contribution just as well. Cheers Donald

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new .:R :thumbsup:

I don't think there's much specific R32 talk because no-one on here has one yet. We're all GTI owners (or soon to be, or just fans) so far.