GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, are there any aftermarket oil caps out there?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I was wondering if any oil caps, either replacement, or a cover over the stock oil cap, exist for the mkv gti. I know Forge made them for the 1.8t, and i tried them on the 2.0t, but they don't fit. For reference, here's what the 1.8t ones look like:

http://www.forgemotorsport.com...0/152

So, anyone know if they exist for the 2.0T?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I thought about getting them but (as you say) was told they wouldn't fit.
Really though, I want to replace the blue caps for the coolant and for the windscreen fluid. The oil one is okay since it's black anyway. Might just paint them black or something...

GTI2007

i just don't like the oil one because it has "Castrol" written on it. nothing wrong with Castrol oil, but since Castrol isn't sponsoring my car, i'd rather not have their logo there.

How did you get a oil cap with "Castrol" written on it when the GTI normally has a oil cap that looks like this:

Attachments

• GTI US 049.jpg
    GTI US 049.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 696

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
my oil cap cover was loose and fell off, now it's gone and I have to use pliers to twist open the actuall cap. I'm interested in seeing what options are out there. I think evoms has a CF one that is part of there engine cover setup.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
my oil cap cover was loose and fell off, now it's gone and I have to use pliers to twist open the actuall cap. I'm interested in seeing what options are out there. I think evoms has a CF one that is part of there engine cover setup.

Holy crap! I thought I was the only one who had an oil cap fall off!!!

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
np