GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mobile device version?

The_Sal™

VAGetarian
Do any of the moderators or whoever know if there is a mobile or lite version for the site? Im running Windows mobile with IE and the site is kinda big at times and takes too long to load. If there is no mobile version or lite version of the site then thats kool, ill just wait. Just thought Id ask and see what others had to suggest.

cbursten

Banned
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI 6MT
I've used the site on Windows Mobile and it really hasn't been that slow for me. I think my connection was pretty good, though.

DankCIA

BYOB
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
It would really be nice to have a more iphone friendly version of the website.

It loads fine and quick enough on 3g, but it would be nice to have something that didn't require constant resizing etc.

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
BUMP I was about to submit a new thread for this topic but I found this thread. I think a mobile version of the forums would be great and I would like to see it happen

vwinva

Ready to race!
I run a euro club for Buffalo NY and I have implemented an iphone/mobile version of the forums.

On your iphone or crackberry go to http://www.dubsinthebuff.com/forum to check it out. The site will automatically detect that you are using a mobile device and give you the specific style.

I would be more then willing to help out the admin's/mod's here to discuss and possibly implement this feature.

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
would be nice if the mods would pay attention to this and give it some thought. i don't have a single issue using the site on my storm but it would be nice to have something that loads quicker.

GTIWV

WV VW
im gonna bump this back up.

there is a different site im on, (www.wvmotorsports.com) and it now has a mobile version.

they just made it mobile.wvmotorsports.com and it displays everything on a white background without all the other junk to load. and pics still load great and alot faster

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Making mobile versions of sites is not a good move. usually what works well for one device doesnt work as well for another device and so its impossible to make a mobile version that makes everyone happy. The trend is for mobile devices to catch up to the iphone with full browser capabilities and so the web can be rendered the way its supposed to be. TRust me i've looked into this in every which way, when it comes to forums, getting a good mobile experience is very difficult across platforms

GTIFTW

I'm Luvin it...
I've been browsing this website on my 3gs with no complaints what so ever since the iPhone 3gs came out. Actually use my iPhone more than my laptop to view this site cause for some reason it's faster on the phone and easier to browse through... :iono: