GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Increase in financing!!! DAMN IT

Bugs

Ready to race!
Wife and I have had her new car on order since May 11.

At that point, the cost on financing for the GTI in Canada was 5.9%.

Car lands in the country last week, and we are expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks at the dealer, so i stop by to see how things are, firm up dates, etc.

He checks this months financing charges, and the GTI 2.0T has gone UP 1%, and also a change in residual pricing. Making the GTI now 40$ more per month. I know it dont sound like much, but we will already be going up 30$ per month from the last car. 70$ per month is not doable. Currently waiting on the dealer to do a current buy out cost on our car. Hoping he can add a little value to the trade in to make it close enough to work, but right now im doubting it.

Is there any way to get a better financing rate on a lease?

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Dinner and a movie? i dunno...

You might have to just fight and spend a while trying to get the rate back down. I know I was going to trade my Mk3 for the GTI but at the time what they were going to give me was more then I owed. So i took the car back and leased without a trade. My payment went from like 455/mo down to like 384/mo (Pk0 GTI)

Bugs

Ready to race!
Dinner and a movie? i dunno...

You might have to just fight and spend a while trying to get the rate back down. I know I was going to trade my Mk3 for the GTI but at the time what they were going to give me was more then I owed. So i took the car back and leased without a trade. My payment went from like 455/mo down to like 384/mo (Pk0 GTI)

just a bit of a piss off. Figure out financing, and order a car.
wait 5 full months for it to arrive, just to find out the financing you were planning on is no longer accurate, and the only way to get the car is to pony up even more money.

Hopefully the dealer can get me a bit more money for the Jetta, and we will maybe be able to make it work

Heres hoping. 36 more per month isnt crazy, but when its ontop of the 25$ per month we were already having to add, it may be tighter then we want to go

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I hope you have your original deal on paper. If you write a deal, it is valid for six months. When my GF bought her Canyon, she went in and wrote a deal with a trade-in. Because she wanted a manual, we had to wait almost six months as there was an engineering problem and they wern't delivering manuals. I have friends in other GM dealers and know this to be true.

When the truck showed up, they tried to charge us $2000 more on the sale price and give us almost $3000 less on the trade in.

I forgot to mention that just after we wrote the deal, the salesman left and the deal was left with the manager. I suggested my GF call the manager and get anything in writing. She did and had the manager write on dealer letterhead that the deal stands as written until the truck arrives.

This added to the contractual obligation of the dealer and extended the time frame had it been longer to get the truck.

When the truck did show up, we fought them for the trade in value and the original price. We ended up giving them the first $1000 of the ring in to win to maintain the deal, if we had won more, we would have got it. We didn't so they just got the $1000. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Also, in our sales contract, it was stated that if the finance rates changed during our wait, we would reap any benifits, but if they went up, the deal stood as written. This was good because the intrest rate went from 5.3% to 0%.

I suggest you take a good read of your sales/lease contract and try and get written confirmation of the original deal on letterhead. Also, don't let them fast talk you into any quick decisions. When in doubt, call the Better Business Bureau as they may be able to help you with hard facts.

Good luck!

danno

Ready to race!
sorry for your bad luck. my car arrives at the end of the month, the finance manager who is a really nice guy told me to come in on the 27th of sept just in case the rate goes up. so i got approved for my financing and i'm going to get no worse than 5.9%. well i guess he helped me out there. if you can try and wait it out.

danno

Ready to race!
i talked to my dealer today he said that i have my financing rate only till nov. 2
i'm a little concerned as my car is supposed to arrive on the 30th.

i know for sure in calgary the day they hit the lots there sold so there is no wiggle room on the price. if i don't get mine at 5.9% i'm going to be pissed. there's other options for me though home equity line of credit was 5.3% last time i checked.