GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy OEM Paint??

elude

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys,

well i wanted to paint some of my parts using OEM Candy White paint, but i was curious to know where I can get some.

I know that most cars have paint color codes that can be used, but I would actually like to have something in a can.

Whats funny, is in my 07' Rabbit brochure, they have a page where they display the different colors by spray can's with the colors listed. haha, does VW sell the colors in spray cans?

open to any suggestions. thanks!

jon.

RedVR6

Ready to race!

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Cool to know about the touch up and DIY paint, but does anyone know who makes the OEM paint for VW and where you can buy enough to do

Front Lip
Sideskirts
Rear Bumper
Lip Spoiler
and a few little detail things

Also is it okay to have left over paint or once its opened is it dead? I would like to get as good a deal as possible and may need some for an upgraded bumper in the future or a notchless hood when I mod my grille.

Thanks in advance.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
damn elude where have you been. anything new to your car i remember a few months back you were thinking about some body kit.
and x3 on paintscratch.com

why not call the stealership too and see what they say?

ShadowGLI

Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
So is VW paint not PPG or DuPont or some other brand of paint?

That was more of the question.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
hey guys,

well i wanted to paint some of my parts using OEM Candy White paint, but i was curious to know where I can get some.

I know that most cars have paint color codes that can be used, but I would actually like to have something in a can.

Whats funny, is in my 07' Rabbit brochure, they have a page where they display the different colors by spray can's with the colors listed. haha, does VW sell the colors in spray cans?

open to any suggestions. thanks!

jon.

you really have a lotus elise?...lets see some pics, i love those things:drool:

nc-gti

Ready to race!
but does anyone know who makes the OEM paint for VW and where you can buy enough to do

As you know, you can't get the OEM paint, because it is a special version used by VW at the factory for mass production. It would not be suitable for your project, even if your could get it. However, you can buy auto body paint color matched to the VW color. This is available at any auto paint supplier, where bodyshops buy their paint. Just give them the paint code and they mix it up for you. Also, if your are painting flexible plastic parts, have them give you the special version of the paint for that purpose.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
Flex additive FTW

As you know, you can't get the OEM paint, because it is a special version used by VW at the factory for mass production. It would not be suitable for your project, even if your could get it. However, you can buy auto body paint color matched to the VW color. This is available at any auto paint supplier, where bodyshops buy their paint. Just give them the paint code and they mix it up for you. Also, if your are painting flexible plastic parts, have them give you the special version of the paint for that purpose.

Definately. It's called "flex additive"
Years ago I had the rear bumper painted on my RX-7 by the University Mazda body shop in Seattle and they were bright enough not to use flex additive. After about a year the cracks began to appear in the paint. Thanx guys. :mad:

ShadowGLI

Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Definately. It's called "flex additive"
Years ago I had the rear bumper painted on my RX-7 by the University Mazda body shop in Seattle and they were bright enough not to use flex additive. After about a year the cracks began to appear in the paint. Thanx guys. :mad:

Wow, good to know, I wouldh have had no idea.. Thanks!

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
I have heard paintscratch is close to factory then even the dealer offers...