GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noob question about United Gray

pwalsh53

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering if United Gray is the same gray used on the later MK4 GTI's.

thanks!
Patrick

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
I don't think so,.....but i'm not sure.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
United Grey is a bit lighter and less metallic then Silverstone Grey, at least thats how it looks to me, I like United Grey more.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
My mk IV is silverstone grey. I did a side by side comparison between the two of them and the silvertone grey is more on the silver side and the UG is more to the metallic side but the UG looks much better especially at night.

kchaud01

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
united gray is chill but black magic is better. you can see all the colors if you go to vwfeatures.com

you can also customize the gti and then watch the german chick from the commercials take it on a test drive

tango1

Drag Racing Champion
the problem with pictures is it doesnt truly do the color justice
That's why he's asking for a written explaination because he probably cant experience seeing it first hand in real life...
because digital imaging is not exactly the purest form of description

engine1navy

Passed Driver's Ed
atomoverride said:
united gray reminds me of a wwII airplane, if I had a grey one I would airbrush some rivits, and an old american symbol on the sides.

http://www.photogshangar.com/avaiti...I Attack Gallery 2-images/CorsairDSCN1218.JPG

the old wwii logo for USAF.. that would be killer.

First of all American's didn't fly any Gray airplanes during WWII. They were pretty much either Army Green, Navy Blue (Hence the pic), or Silver. The National Aircraft Insignia is place on all AMERICAN military aircraft as the Air Force did not exist during WWII, only the Army Air Corps as well as the Naval Air Force. Had you said you would put an Iron Cross on the car I wouldn't have said anything cause the Germans flew gray aircraft during WWII.

Not on Topic, but oh well.

Either way Silverstone and United Gray are very similar. To me I think United Gray is slightly darker.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
engine1navy said:
First of all American's didn't fly any Gray airplanes during WWII. They were pretty much either Army Green, Navy Blue (Hence the pic), or Silver. The National Aircraft Insignia is place on all AMERICAN military aircraft as the Air Force did not exist during WWII, only the Army Air Corps as well as the Naval Air Force. Had you said you would put an Iron Cross on the car I wouldn't have said anything cause the Germans flew gray aircraft during WWII.

Not on Topic, but oh well.

Either way Silverstone and United Gray are very similar. To me I think United Gray is slightly darker.

Aah, good solid German engineering.
And grey.

OT, but wasn't the Army Air Corps also called the Army Air Force? IIRC US Aircraft of WWII were either marked USAAF, MARINES, or NAVY...