GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP!!

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
Car(s)
'07 GTi
I need help figuring out how to do rolling shots. I set my exposure to 1'3 and up and all i got was this...

how do people get them so perfect??

any advice is greatly appreciated...

thanks,

~BR~

TheUnfadableMix

CPhT Euro Enthusiast!!!
Car(s)
07' GTI 2d CW Pk1
this interests me too ....I'd like to know as well!!...... my only assumption (haven't tried or prove) is to use a speed between 1 second and 1/60th of a second.... 1.3 seconds makes for alot of camera shake

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
this interests me too ....I'd like to know as well!!...... my only assumption (haven't tried or prove) is to use a speed between 1 second and 1/60th of a second.... 1.3 seconds makes for alot of camera shake

x2 nothing over a second, and if you can position the focus, make sure it is only on the car.

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
Car(s)
'07 GTi
hey guys finally got it after a like a hundred shots...

also played around with some other motion blurring...

let me know?

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
Car(s)
'07 GTi
damn now they are blown up i can see the blur that i can't see on my camera screen :(

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
it's something you just have to toy around with. try starting in the day at first. you also need a steady hand/base for the camera.

and rolling shots FTW!

Attachments

• AAOBG.jpg
    AAOBG.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 398

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
Car(s)
'07 GTi
nice shot! damn. i'm working on it... haha. i keep toying around wiht it so hopefully someday i'll get it perfect everytime.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
the typical rule of thumb is to have your camera on shutter priority and set it to 1/(the speed your car is traveling). so if were going 60mph, then set it to 1/60. from there you can experiment with other lower shutter speeds.

i typically try to shoot as low as possible and that tends to be around 1/30ish.

here are a couple examples
1/20

1/30

1/40

as you can see they all have very similar blur with different shutter speeds, you just have to mess around with it since it really depends on the weather conditions/time of day.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
X2 on that ^^^

I have always heard 1/(speed in mph) and you can adjust from there to get all the effects that you want...