GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobalt SS S/C Stage 2

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Anyone with a chip, etc... been up against a Cobalt SS S/C with the GM Stage 2 kit? I hear these things are putting down 240+ whp with 240 wtq. I'm curious to see what a similarly modded GTI can do against one.

S

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
You mean the Chevrolet Slowbalt.

That's 240 Crank Horsepower.... which puts about 223 at the wheels.

They're turds.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I dunno, one of them is telling me 240 whp from a dyno run. Reading their forums seems to confirm this. They all list between 225 and 240. He definitely has an ego. I won't try him now, but it'd be awesome to run it once I'm Revo'd.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
he'll beat you, i raced one and was pretty upset about it.

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
Damnit! Thanks for the input!

Give him a run... just don't talk any smack before hand.

Then if you loose... go get some mods, and then try again.

I certainly wouldn't be worried about loosing... every car is different due to the person behind the steering wheel.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
think about this. you can make more boost easier than he can, and change it with the computer not a pulley

Turbo Maniac

Passed Driver's Ed
If they are putting 240 to the wheels then even Revo'd he'd take you. It would be somewhat close especially with a DSG but I think he'd still win.

Get and TB exhuast and Stage 2 and you'll smoke em. I just got the GHL 3" TB and it makes a big difference :thumbup:

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
them cobalts are tough. i ran one a few times (my cousin has one). his is modded (intake,exhaust,tune) and is pushing about 210+ to the wheels. i have APR 91. from a dig i got owned by about a car and a half until we let off at 100 the first run. the second i got a better launch and stayed neck and neck until turbo spooled in second and i was :burnrubber:. they hit boost instantly which will fuck us if we dont launch right. we went from a 30 and 50 roll as well, both times i pulled about a car on him. the s/c whine is real nice with the intake though, and with these 2 cars it really comes down to drivers!

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i had ss/sc stg2! fun car.. but ugly as hell yes, the gti will lose to a stg2... but with a chip it might be even! actually it should be dead even. i mean this chevy can keep up with srt-4s! thats empressive

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Cobalt = Turd. GTI = German Engineering.