GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI front fit on a Rabbit?

Ads2507

Someone hit and ran our Rabbit today. Super crappy. The whole front end is screwed. Hood, grill, bumper, left headlight assembly. My question is the GTI front end interchangable with the Rabbits? The reasons why ask are,
a) 7 weeks ago we got rear ended (Our poor rabbit)and VW still has no parts, not for three more weeks. They have no OEM replacement parts manufactured yet is what they told me) Since GTI has been here longer sre parts more easily accessable?
b) The GTi front end looks way better.

Any thoughts?

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
i think so..cause theirs a kid here who's thinking about putting the r32 front end on his rabbit and that fits the gti...so

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Definately.. a dude from Spain converted his 1.9 TDI into a GTI by appearance only.. so I suspect you can do it. His thread is in the pictures forum around 15 pages and back... alot of the pictures won't show up anymore.. but that is just for reference.

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
yes it is convertable, however, it requers to exchange the whoooooole front. someone here in the netherlands did it. even the bumper bar and lots more under the ''plastic'' has to be exchanged. so like simply exchanging the plastic bumper?? no that's not possbile... VW made the GTI really unique.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
The GTI front is different from the Rabbit/Golf front and won't fit straight on. It is possible, a couple of people have done it, but as sniperviperman says you'll have to change a lot of parts... pretty much everything front of the doors will have to be replaced with the GTI bits.