GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which version does OZ get?

Hey Guys,

Im new to all this as i have just purchased a GTI from South Yarra Volkswagen that was a cancelled order.. still though - its not expected to arrive till June :frown:

I have been reading the forums and it looks like theres 2 different models of gti, the euro spec and the US spec. my question is which one do we get down here??

If its the euro one, we get things like the lower springs and mp3 compatibility in the 6 stacker correct? Can someone confirm what exactly we do and dont get in the australian model? Also has anyone managed to get the 18" Denver rims (otherwise known as Hufweisen rims on thier GTI?)

Thanks
H

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
we get the euro version out here,with the lower suspension but no mp3 that is us spec only i wish we got mp3 out here, i am in the process of looking at buying a us 6 cd mp3 changer can get them for about 400usd.

the only 18 factory option rims we get are the karthoun(sp)

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
ouch $400USD for a standard headunit? Is that brand new or second hand? For that price I think I'd rather go aftermarket though its difficult finding a head unit that won't ruin the look of the dash.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
that is 2nd hand not new, yeah aftermarket wouldbe good i tink there is a alpine unit that still uses the steering wheel contrrols.

SSS_Hoon

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
SSS_Hoon said:
we get the euro version out here,with the lower suspension but no mp3 that is us spec only i wish we got mp3 out here, i am in the process of looking at buying a us 6 cd mp3 changer can get them for about 400usd.

the only 18 factory option rims we get are the karthoun(sp)
SSS_Hoon

Ouch... that's crap.

I'm going to buy the VW iPod adaptor when mine arrives... (if ever)

NSJ202

Banned
Stock MP3 head unit for MY08 <3

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
BUMPIN IS THE DEVIL'S WORK.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
MY08 GTI came with in dash 6 stack MP3 player... Since replaced for Sat-Nav.... Now fitted in the wifes Jetta :lol:

isaw

Banned
if(n00b)
Then(
Bump thread
post count = post count +1)
else
normal forum user

end if

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
:lol:are we heading towards a :fighting0030:?