GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Vod

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
So I've had my GTI for almost a month now and I finally got to race someone. I pulled up to the light the other day beside this idiot in a Eclipse GT. Normally I wouldn't call someone an idiot without talking to them first, but this guy had a big FAST AND LOUD vinyl sticker in his rear window. Plus his woofers were stopping me from enjoying the sweet sound of my engine :thumbdown:

Anyways, the light turns green and I just start to crawl a bit to see if he's going to go for it. Needless to say he hammered the gas and I did the same. Since I hadn't launched hard he got about a half car length on me from the start. No biggie though, cuz as soon as I switched into 2nd, I was gone :evil: . I started to slow down when I hit about 100km/h since he was still choking on my dust a good 4 to 5 car lengths behind me. Of course, being the great looser that he was, he just flew by me while sporting a very angry face.

I didn't expect him to be much of a challenge, but I must say that I really enjoy beating the shit out of kids who represent having fast cars. There are a whole lot of those here in Quebec.

BTW: I am stock, and I believe he was as well. He had the Eclipse model between the Fast and the Furious and the new bubble style :barf: .

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
yeah the gt is a fatass, actually the new exclipse even weighs more than last years!!!! nice engine though...

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
The new eclipse may weigh more but the GT also has 268HP, I believe. That being said on test drives it felt much slower than the GTI

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
The new eclipse may weigh more but the GT also has 268HP, I believe. That being said on test drives it felt much slower than the GTI

my friend has one.. and yes we can beat it from a dig, and a roll! like i said, its got a great engine! but they just put it in the fattest pig of a car ever!!! yes, it has 268hp. put it has the WORST TORQUE STEER EVER!!!!!!!! the stering wheel is like an ADD kid... it cant sit fucking still. it cost just as much as a gti.. and IMO our GTI runs better, performs better, and looks a HELL of alot better

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
my friend has one.. and yes we can beat it from a dig, and a roll! like i said, its got a great engine! but they just put it in the fattest pig of a car ever!!! yes, it has 268hp. put it has the WORST TORQUE STEER EVER!!!!!!!! the stering wheel is like an ADD kid... it cant sit fucking still. it cost just as much as a gti.. and IMO our GTI runs better, performs better, and looks a HELL of alot better

agreed. that's why I ended up on this forum and not an eclipse one:thumbup:

I wish I could have gotten the bright blue the new eclipse comes in though!

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You raced a 3rd gen, 200hp/200tq V6, but heavy. I know, I used to drive one. I've been looking to race one on the highway ever since I got my GTI. Mine was lightly modded (bolt-on stuff) and I just KNOW my GTI will kill it.

You're so right about kids in Quebec and the way they act. Buncha riced up econo cars with young drivers who think they're racecars because they can impress their gf (who drives an Accent) when they press the pedal with her in the car. Soooo annoying, yet soooo funny sometimes.

Where in Montreal are you? I'm in Longueuil =P

S

Vod

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
You raced a 3rd gen, 200hp/200tq V6, but heavy. I know, I used to drive one. I've been looking to race one on the highway ever since I got my GTI. Mine was lightly modded (bolt-on stuff) and I just KNOW my GTI will kill it.

You're so right about kids in Quebec and the way they act. Buncha riced up econo cars with young drivers who think they're racecars because they can impress their gf (who drives an Accent) when they press the pedal with her in the car. Soooo annoying, yet soooo funny sometimes.

Where in Montreal are you? I'm in Longueuil =P

S

I'm in Verdun, marché Atwater area. We should hook up sometime and teach these Quebec ricers a lesson :bellyroll: .

I've been trying to find VW meets in Montreal ever since I got my GTI but I haven't found any. I've crossed a few GTI's but the drivers didn't look very friendly and/or interested in other GTI drivers :frown: . Ah well...

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Apparently the VW meets are Tuesdays at the Orange Julep on the 40... I used to go back in the days on Thursdays when all the cars meet, but stopped when it became sponsored by ricers, dorks, and cops. I haven't gone to a VW meet yet... I heard about it from a local GTI I met at the Promenades St-Bruno.

It's been quite the opposite for me, everytime I run into a MKV GTI (which isn't too often granted) they've been cool. I constantly see a black one with rims, some girl driving, and a white one. I ran into one other UG on the highway and we followed each other for a while driving pretty fast, that was fun.

My friend owns a shop on Taschereau... more accessories and decals than anything else, called L.A.P. and he organizes little local meets on Sunday in St-Bruno on the south shore. It's pretty much over now cause it's getting cold, but it was fun... we'll do it again in the spring and you should definitely come!

I used to live near Atwater... I was in St-Henri =)

S

Last edited:

Vod

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
Apparently the VW meets are Tuesdays at the Orange Julep on the 40... I used to go back in the days on Thursdays when all the cars meet, but stopped when it became sponsored by ricers, dorks, and cops. I haven't gone to a VW meet yet... I heard about it from a local GTI I met at the Promenades St-Bruno.

It's been quite the opposite for me, everytime I run into a MKV GTI (which isn't too often granted) they've been cool. I constantly see a black one with rims, some girl driving, and a white one. I ran into one other UG on the highway and we followed each other for a while driving pretty fast, that was fun.

My friend owns a shop on Taschereau... more accessories and decals than anything else, called L.A.P. and he organizes little local meets on Sunday in St-Bruno on the south shore. It's pretty much over now cause it's getting cold, but it was fun... we'll do it again in the spring and you should definitely come!

I used to live near Atwater... I was in St-Henri =)

S

I'll be there for sure. I might end up checking out the Orage Julep tonite since it's tuesday and all. There probably won't be many ppl there but whatever. Any excuse is good to take my baby out for a spin :burnrubber:

mKvDuBBy

SoFa KiNg FaSt
Car(s)
MKV GTI
funny stuff.