GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dead plate in top vent??

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The top vent on the dash has what is sometimes called a dead plate in it towards the windshield. I poped it out and noticed that there is a place for a plug to go into it, but there is no plug. There aparently is supposed to be an option there for something....I don't know what. Anyone know? Maybe some sort of sensor? Maybe the auto climate on the package 2's? I actually can't wait till someone comes up with a instument pod to go in place of this vent.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
God Ihope they do. I also hope they have Paypal capability. Seems to be the only way I can buy stuff without my wife freaking out.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Dubdr said:
A german company is coming out with the pod later this month. I will find the site and post it when I can.
I have a package #2...what sort of pod are you referring to that will be coming out?

burro

Ready to race!
ETKA shows that as where the light sensor would be. Probably euro and PKG3 like on the Jettas.

GoBlueVDubDude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV, Red
That light sensor is on any car with Climatronic. All GTI's with pkg 2 have the sensor (since pkg 2 includes Climatronic).

burro

Ready to race!
Really? I thought it was just Jetta Pkg3 because it's part of the automatic headlights with Coming Home feature.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The vent is for people like me who do not like the air in their face. My contacts always get dried out. I will gladly sacrifice it for a gauge pod.