GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another newbie from oz

1kGolf

Ready to race!
Hi guys! just found this site and its great!
Im thinking of putting some mods in ma GTi.
OZ wheels / AP Brake caliper / Milltek cat-back exhaust.
I live in Sydney and really struggling to find tuners close to me who stock these parts.
Anyone can help?:iono:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
hi and welcome, can i ask y go for a miltek zorst, when you could goto your local zorst shop and tehy could make u a custom one for less then the price of a miltek zorst?

SSS_Hoon

1kGolf

Ready to race!
I heard that Milltek spends heaps of time developing its exhaust for the GTI so that the original dsg gear changing 'oomph' sound is retained. Also it's resonated, so not too loud.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah they do but it aint worth the money they charge for it when you can get simliar for most likley half the price.

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Exhaust shops can fabricate a custom exhaust system including resonators, Im sure that some research needs to be done to get the ideal sound and flow of the exhausts, I've always been using custom exhausts on my previous cars mainly due to the price but if I could afford it I would go for a brand name.

If you're concerned about the sound and are on a budget then I'd probably wait till someone else gets a custom exhaust done and listen to what theirs sounds like and base your decision on that. If its good, then get it at the same place.

1kGolf

Ready to race!
Thanks for the advices guys! SSS_Hoon do u know the exact gain from the Miltek exhaust? If its less than 5 Kw i m not gonna bother :tongue:

GTI2007

according to Milltek itself it would provide a genuine performance enhancement of around 8-10% and also have a significant weight saving of up to 20 kg (44 lbs) over standard, mild-steel exhaust systems

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the stock zorst on the mkv is great as is the sound is awesome and its already mandrel bent and stainless steel, just remove the rear muffler and there is the onyl gain you would get from a new zorst anyway, and unless your going to run higher boost then the stock zorst will be fine.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i think its 2.5 but dont quote me on that, i actually had another look under there and i dont think it is mandrel bent damm liars

SSS_Hoon