GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone Run a 9-3 Aero

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i was looking around the net today, and @ some saabs...their new 9-3 Aero Convertible is pure sex...its got a 2.8liter turbocharged 6...with a 6spd manual...and yeah its a hott ride...just curious if anyone has raced one of these and how you faired, and if anyone has driven them...2.8l's so hott lol and w/ a chip thats gonna be pushing 300hp and over 300tq...

pics...

aero1.jpg

aero4.jpg

aero2.jpg

aero3.jpg

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
Not too many people drive Saabs, so i i would be shocked to see if someone raced one. And if you did find a Saab chances are the driver isnt someone who would be interested in racing.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
too bad, those w/ a chip would be lil monsters, i wish we had a 2.8l turbocharged 6 :) lol, and they only run 8.7 psi max boost, LOTS of room for improvement w/ some ecu tuning, but its 100-200lbs heavier than the gtis

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
my aunt has one of those. at least i think its one of those cars as to me all saabs look the same. but thats cos i dont care about them like i do with VWs.

i know its got a 2 litre turbo. my aunt is definetely not that type of driver to care about power.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
She has the 9-3 base with the 2.0t, w/ the same performance numbers as our cars, but the Aero version is what i was talking about, that one has the 2.8l

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
my dad had a 9-5 aero, they are quick but still not as fast as the old 9-3 viggen, im sure a chipped gti would beat a 9-3 aero all day

there are TONS of saabs in ann arbor, ive driven just about every model they have through friends, the saabs are quick but the aero's all run high 14's to 15's. the old saab viggen ran mid to low 14's stock, but they are know for being the worst car for torque steer, which is true the car is a lot of work to drive hard.