GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eastern NC anyone?

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Anyone living in my neck of the woods? How about even within 1.5 - 2 hours?

I'm in Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington, NC and will be finally purchasing my GTI in the next week. I'm looking for others in the area for:

a) advice on the local dealership - sales and service;

b) other owners to help me find the few non-straight roads (my only complaint about living at the beach) and to share the occaisonal drink :drinking: ; and,

c) to see if anyone has heard of/done work with German Speed Merchants.

For anyone interested, GSM is in Wilmington and obviously does work on various German autos. As far as I know they do everything from simple repairs to full tuning. They basically have someone who is a nut about each marque including VW. They recently bought a CW 3 door pkg 0 to race prep. If you're all nice I'll stop by and snap some pics of their progress, I've heard they're in the stripping stage. I'll probably end up letting them do my software and any other mods so I'm hoping someone has worked with them.

Lemme know!

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
Hey,

Just posting to say I'm in Raleigh and would be interested in some organized drives in the future. I have Black Forest Ind. do tuning work and parts for me, they're in Cary and I'm sure would love the chance to race prep a mk5. They're an APR dealer and highly thought of in the local VW world.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Thanks man. Nobody else? Seriously?

I know there are some of you in Raleigh and Charlotte that I've spoken to in the past...NOBODY NEAR ME? Really? :cry:

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
Man, I live off S College, near the 17th extension intersection.. got an 06 candy white 6 speed with 17's, so far 35% all around and smoked signals. I can't beleive its just the two of us here in the port city. I just found this forum, been on www.myfastgti.com another great forum.. hit me up

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
I am in raleigh but every once and a while I head out there to see my cousin, I am going to try and set up a mk5 meet the first weekend in december, and bcruzin were you the candy white I saw when I was out there a few months back, it would have been right near the end of 40 going in opposite directions on a friday... any way here I am going to make a MK5 raleigh G2G thread above this one now

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
You kno I think I remember you, cuz you were the first UG colored GTI I'd seen and I was VERY close to getting UG before I went with CW.. and I said damn, that thing looks damn good. I-40 is GTI heaven if you ask me

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
So what was wrong with BFI, given that they were in Raleigh? Have you talked to them?

I've heard of positive feedback from GSM as well.

Raziel

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in New Bern, CW 6spd stock... Up for drives w/e, preferably Saturdays :)

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
As I just posted on a different thread, come spring there are a lot of autox events in eastern NC. I plan to attend as many as possible and it would be cool to have a nice MKV showing at each one...plus a lil friendly competition :biggrin:

Bcruzin - assuming you are the only white one here I must have seen you around as well. However, think I saw a girl driving a white one too, FYI.

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
UNCbigM-- what are you drivin? yea I have actually seen her on campus, she's CW stock with the 18's.. I've finally got mine lookin unique with 35% tint, smoked markers and CW eyelids..we'll all meet up at some point after the holidays.. i kno the SCCA was at the Industrial park out by the airport back in early oct doin cones.. I'd like to see how I do at one of those events

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
UNCbigM-- what are you drivin? yea I have actually seen her on campus, she's CW stock with the 18's.. I've finally got mine lookin unique with 35% tint, smoked markers and CW eyelids..we'll all meet up at some point after the holidays.. i kno the SCCA was at the Industrial park out by the airport back in early oct doin cones.. I'd like to see how I do at one of those events

well I will see you guys out at some of the auto cross events I am a member of the Taheel sports car club and next year I will be going to alot of the autocross event around the area definatly the larenburg(sp?) and sanford events. and so far everyone in this thread will be at the dec 3rd raleigh meet except for Bcruizn you need to get out there and help rep the mk5 crowd. so far i think it is 11 mk5s!

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
UnitedGTI..
Yea yea.. i know man.. I just can't plan my life that far in advance.. altho I do need to find a VagCom and that would prolly be the place to do it.. in exchange for some cold ones... pencil me in

murcielagoGTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
91 GTI
as soon as i get my ride this spring/summer im game... i just moved from Asheville so i kno all the good roads in western NC, so come Aug/Sept if anyone wants to make a trip to "curvy roads land", hit me up

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
i'm originally from wilmington/hampstead. Graduated from topsail in 2003. Performance wise go to German Speed Merchants on Market street... but do not go there for stock maintenance or what not... they only like to focus on performance mods.

Bob king has a great service shop so take your car there.

i'll be heading up that way from FL durring spring break for a job interview in Raleigh at the ATC tower, but will be staying in wilmington

-cameron