GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stone age 35mm

ikeepsitReal

haz ur gf
I'd like to get into photography but I don't have a few grand for a nice digital dslr. So my mom dug this old 1970s Minolta 35mm for me to use which is actually really funky.
I understand how obsolete 35mm film is; but however this is all that is available to me (other then a 8.1mp point and shoot; but what can be done with those..) and I have used it a few times and noticed some of the pictures are spotty... like this

Then some just look kinda weird like this

I like the result of the second pic, but I think this camera needs a cleaning.
How would I go about cleaning these lenses?
I have a spray + clothes used for eye glasses and Oakley sunglasses (just a general lens cleaner)

Heres some pictures of the camera itself

Thanks for reading the novel

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
Sweet camera! I have a really old Canon that my dad gave me a couple years ago. For that I usually take it to Ritz camera and they do it for me, I don't want to make it worse.

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
It's actually not as bad as you might think, can't remember the actual number but it's worth a shot to check out. I tried doing it myself and you need a certain kind of solution and all this other crap that (to do a thorough and good job) you would have to buy or make and I found it cheaper to have it done. When I tried doing it I ended up making it worse and got so damn frustrated it wasn't worth it to me.

I understand how obsolete 35mm film is; but however this is all that is available to me (other then a 8.1mp point and shoot; but what can be done with those..)

I wouldn't say film is obsolete.
Film is actually better than digital if it's
processed and scanned properly.
scroll down and read, "Is Digital Doomed?"

Also, there's a lot you can do with
a point and shoot camera.
check out a few groups

A better camera doesn't make you a better photographer. (I know this from first-hand experience)
And it seems to me like most things are an issue of personal preference and knowing what you're doing.
So, figure out what works best for you and go with it.

ikeepsitReal

haz ur gf
:eyebulge: I assume theres a lot of editing to be done?
Or could there be something wrong or worn on my 35mm that needs to be replaced or cleaned?
...I should just go to a camera store but I don't know many around me and just do not have much time.

Edit: thanks for those sites.
I really wanna get into 35mm pictures. My point and shoot is really for when I'm with my friends just acting stupid...stays in my car most of the time for when I spot nice cars or for a spontaneous Kodak moment.