GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

front windshield scratched to hell.

Josh0000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 UG GTI 6spd
well ive had my car for a month and really wanted to get the windows tinted. so yesterday i leave my car at a tinting business to get 15% all around. well i get it back yesterday at around 5 and im lookin over it makin sure i dont see to much bubbles and i look at the front windshield to see how the sun strip looks and there are 2 BIG scratches on it. well i thought i might give it a day in the sun and see if it is just a soakin in process. well its still there so i go up to the business and the guy says that i need a whole new front windshield. i wanna cry :cry: . atleast i dont have to pay for it tho. so would it be pretty easy to get a replacement front windshield???

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
The windshield shouldnt be a problem because windshields are mandated by the health and safty people in our government (or does that mean it wou ld be harder, who knows).

This means that most places that sell windshields will have yours, because its not like its some special thing from Germany, they have to pass tests and shit...thats about all i can explain without getting technical

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Actually...If I remember correctly...someone had a windshield problem...they ahd to get a new one shipped from Germany and it took over a month. Sorry to break the abd news.

Good luck though.

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
I think it was alf and he had to have one red flagged off of the ship to get one. Sorry... how the hell did they scratch your windshield?

Josh0000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 UG GTI 6spd
besides using a stainless steel blade to cut the tint he decided to use a damn kitchen knife or something. i just got off the phone with him and know he is tryin to get my insurance to pay for it and he will just pay the deductible. i said hell no im 16 my insurance is high enough as it is. he is going to pay the 800 and maybe he will remember next time to use the right blade. he said he could get a windshield by the next week tho so hopefully all goes well.

omegach

Banned
that's fucked up. sounds extremely unprofessional. and there's no way you should let your insurance pay for it.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i doubt you'll have to wait a long time.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
i doubt you'll have to wait a long time.

heh, i had to wait a week and a half back in March 2006, there were none in america at the time, it was on national backorder.

i had one redflagged from wolfsburg germany.

but now that MkV's have been in the US a little longer, hopefully you wont have to wait.

but it was a pretty penny to redflag it thats for damn sure.

alf

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
that sucks