GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DON'T lose your rear VW badge...

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
ok so yeah thats pretty much my advice...mine fell off after i had painted it, a while later...but still, so i was trying to find someone on here that totaled their car to salvage the rear VW badge for me...that didnt work, someone suggested a CF badge which is like 100 dollars or so...totally not down for spending that...

So today while i was @ my dealer getting the oil changed...i went to the parts dept. and asked how much the badge would cost...she comes back and tells me that VW is not selling just the badge portion...it comes as the entire mechanism, flip thing, locking motor and all...yeah guess how much that is...$211....

so dont lose your rear badge...

gti mkv

Ready to race!
ok so yeah thats pretty much my advice...mine fell off after i had painted it, a while later...but still, so i was trying to find someone on here that totaled their car to salvage the rear VW badge for me...that didnt work, someone suggested a CF badge which is like 100 dollars or so...totally not down for spending that...

So today while i was @ my dealer getting the oil changed...i went to the parts dept. and asked how much the badge would cost...she comes back and tells me that VW is not selling just the badge portion...it comes as the entire mechanism, flip thing, locking motor and all...yeah guess how much that is...$211....

so dont lose your rear badge...

i'll see if i can hook it up discount wise for you....i'll let you know tommorrow

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
if its for the mechanism, im really not interested, i dont want u to worry, ik the mechansim wont be anywhere near what im wanting to pay...already was quoted @ least 100 @ cost for it...

avega

Car(s)
CW VW GTI
if its for the mechanism, im really not interested, i dont want u to worry, ik the mechansim wont be anywhere near what im wanting to pay...already was quoted @ least 100 @ cost for it...

damn that sucks... you told me you were gonna do that when i met you...not only is expensive, but itll take like 3 weeks to get too... retrace your steps and look for it,....jk

918hare

Go Kart Champion
I don't think that is correct, I believe the emblem can be purchased seperatly.

Check oempl.us he sells the carbon ones but I believe he can also just get the emblem email Rich and find out

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
i went to the dealer who looked specifically through their parts list and database, the badge itself is not for sale, i had a friend look on their database for it, no chance he'd not tell me the truth...

918hare

Go Kart Champion
Just go to oempl.us, and email him there. He sends a lot of emblems to my buddy Charles for the carbon work and they are just the emblem in OEM packaging, so I am not 100% sure but I think he can get just the emblem

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
yeah ive got the same in england. i tried getting the new GTs rear badge for my car as its slightly embossed and he came back with a price tag of £77! :eek: i asked why an it was for the entire mechanism..

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Holy crap!

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
just tell them i fell off sometime that you dont know... unless they knew it was painted then your screwed... but if not its under warrenty dog

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
true.. but i might get the carbonfiber badge.. so u might be in luck.... might

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion