GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Manual Vs. 5.0 Mustang

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Alright guys and girls... Coming home from my Aunts house I run into one of the old skool 5.0 mustangs. We are driving on Rt. 18 which is perfect for racing because there are only two lanes. So I pull up to him doing about 70Mph and it was on... he was quick to downshift on me so he had the initial pull but once I threw it into 4th it was over for that man... I pushed it in 4th till almost red line and the shift into 5th put me ahead.....Its not over either.... all the time this guy never even looks over at me and says lets go he just keeps trying to beat me.... so we come up to a light... an of course I hear the growl of his 5.0.... I look at him but he doen't even shoot me a glance... so i'm thinking that he doesn't want it anymore but when the light is about to change I hear him revin his engine so I turn off the ESP and hold my RPM's at about 2,500 which I know was pretty low but I figured he was going to beat me with his 5.0 and RWD but with little tire squeal I pull off on him from the line.... 1st is so short I thought he would catch me but I pulled on him all the way... he started to catch up when I was in 4th but 5th gear ended the race for him because there was no looking back for me.... when i stopped at the other light I could see him behind traffic and he wasn't making any attempts to catch up to me so I guess he didn't want to hurt his 5.0's feeling by loosing to a 4 banger...

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie

I'm stock I don't know if he was or not.. I kno his exhaust sounded pretty throaty and he had a hoos scoop but nothing else that I could tell

placencia107

Ready to race!

Japan8

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice kill!

Interesting though... those old Fox body Mustangs were relatively light. Only 2834lbs for the hatchback and 2775lbs for the coupe. Stock for stock though... they have some breathing problems on the top end. I wonder if he was stock or stock with just exhaust...

Wonder how this would have been if you had been chipped + TBE + intake...

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie

NYCGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Now that IS a kill.

When I had my GTO, they used to post on the site all the time about killing civics, mini's and VW's with the LS2 400/400. I was like WTF?

:thumbsup:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
u had a gto... thats one hell of a car.. i almost bought one... but gas... and the fact its a pontiac....only pontiac ill ever buy is a trams am, or a gto.....

anyways... good race

RSC17

R32 OG
Nice kill!

Interesting though... those old Fox body Mustangs were relatively light. Only 2834lbs for the hatchback and 2775lbs for the coupe. Stock for stock though... they have some breathing problems on the top end. I wonder if he was stock or stock with just exhaust...

Wonder how this would have been if you had been chipped + TBE + intake...

2 words. gong show.