GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior license plate mount...

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
i really want to get a novelty euro plate for the front of the mkv, but due to stupid colorado state patrol, i have to also display the ugly green and white colorado plate. i would like to mount it inside the a-pillar on the passenger side; parallel to the frame so the top/bottom sides are going up and down. does anyone have any ideas for a bracket or know of anything sold that would do the trick?

like the top car in this thread. (but an american plate; euro goes up front).
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4555&highlight=waterfest

918hare

Go Kart Champion
I think that is just pushed into the pillar slightly. If you are planning to run your regular plate stuck in there you might as well just not use it. To display it in the front window will still violate the and get you a ticket. So just put the euro on and risk it

anon1mous

Car(s)
2006 GTI
My uncle just came back from Poland and brought me back a couple German Plates. I was planning on doing the same thing as you and put it on the front taking off the ugly Jersey Plate. We have to have the plate on here in jersey, but I have seen plenty without the front plate, so I'm just gonna swap the euro plate on the front and just risk it.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Two sided tape?

placencia107

Ready to race!
i really want to get a novelty euro plate for the front of the mkv, but due to stupid colorado state patrol, i have to also display the ugly green and white colorado plate. i would like to mount it inside the a-pillar on the passenger side; parallel to the frame so the top/bottom sides are going up and down. does anyone have any ideas for a bracket or know of anything sold that would do the trick?

like the top car in this thread. (but an american plate; euro goes up front).
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4555&highlight=waterfest

I don't think that it really matters where you put it. If it is not on the front bumper, Colorado State patrol is still going to F__ck with you. My buddy works for APD and he told me that state patrol is all about pulling people and ticketing for the money. @sshole$:mad:

Colombia28

Go Kart Newbie
i dont know if it will help, but i have mine in the window and i drive on I25, 470, 36 and all the others and have never had a problem with local police or the csp. my neighbor is csp and he liked where i put the plate (might just me being a good neighbor but yeah) its held to the windshield with 2 small suction cups i got from pep boys. i know its not a GTI but its just to show (love the GTI wish i had one over the 3)

Last edited:

Nikerey

Darkness
My Euro plate is horizontal across the front right of the windhield and its just shoved between the glass and dash so i would think you could do the same on the side.

GTivan72

Taka Take OFF
Car(s)
VW Mk5 GTI
yeah i just bought my euro plate too for my mk5 of ebay, and i dont know if screws or anything like that should have came with it..

can i just use a drill and some regular swerws? let me know

AK_GTI

Deutsche Tourenwagen
Car(s)
2007/2001 GTI/Golf
if your going to put the euro on the bumper just completely get rid of the state front tag. because putting the state tag in the window or on the dash is illegal, and instead of one ticket you will get 2. 1st for improper display of state tag and 2nd for obstruction of driver view. do the math 1 ticket is better than 2.

EsotericRR

Ready to race!
Had my euro plate horizontal wedged between the glass and the dash and it drove me crazy. Talk about rattling all the time. My solution was to drill two tiny holes at the top of the plate on either corner. Then I went to target in and found some small suction cups with little hooks on them. The cups are no bigger than a dime and they are clear so you can't even really see them. Works perfectly, no rattle, no movement and you can't even tell they're there really. Give it a try.