GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

europe cols same as states?

ronan

i was wondering if all the united grey pics on this site(most seem to be from states) are the very same united grey for ireland,europe.?
if anyone has any of pictures of the new 1.4 tsi gt in united grey i'd appreciate it.
what do yous reckon on the gt in united grey?i have a silver mkv sportline so dont want silver again.black too hard to keep clean.
all feedback appreciated.
cheers,
ronán.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
United Grey should be the same AFAIK.
It's a good colour on the Golf to be honest - really makes the car look good.

ronan

thanks

cheers mate,
i've ordered the gt in united grey.............i'm thinkin of putting the honey combe bits on the 3 lower parts like the gti and changing the black grille to the silver one off the jetta..................but keepin the colour coded bit begind umber plate........what ya reckon? or maybe just the grille?
i like the honey combe better but dont want to dress it up too gti'ish.

cmdrfire

United Grey GT will look very nice IMO. I'm a big fan of the way the GT looks - very subtle, very classy - full of hidden power ;)

I don't think the GTI grilles will fit to be honest. The entire GTI front is different from that of the regular Golf and the parts don't cross over... but I don't know how it is for the GT because that's got a unique front too. You've got me curious now... I'll pop over to my local VW after lunch and look at one of their GTs and will see if the parts fit.
Personally, I think that the lined slats on the GT will look better (matching the main grille) but it's your call. Certainly just the two honeycombs would be rather subtle and only those "in the know" would get it :D
I'm not a huge fan of the chromey expanse on the Jetta... a bit too shiney for my tastes. Isn't the centre grille on the GT series the same as the body colour, not black?
What engine did you get? I just read something interesting about the petrol 1.4TSI engine... apparently Volkswagen have stuck this engine in their Iroc concept and tuned it to 210bhp! Now I don't know if the engine is stock as VW were understandably reluctant to provide details... but it still hints at what the unit is capable of.

ronan

it fits!

:w00t: the gti center piece definitely fits.as does the whole jetta center piece.my dealer already dont the ground work on that. i have included three pics.........2 of gti's with jetta front and one of a golfspeed limited edition done by the apprentices at vw.
the bit behind the number plate is col coded on gt as compared to black on all gti's
the golfspeed look is what im taking about....all honeycombe on bottom with chrome bars at vw sign................i will keep the colour coded bit behing plate(united grey) in instead of the piece from jetta(chrome). i just think the black plastic bits on gt are cheap lookin'.
let me know what ya think.
ronan

ps. the actaul nose of gt is same size as jetta and gti.:coolpics:

Attachments

• vw golf speed edition.jpg
    vw golf speed edition.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 245
  • gti with changed grille.jpg
    gti with changed grille.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 239
  • golf with jetta front.jpg
    golf with jetta front.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 236

ronan

170bhp

i never told u the engine..................it's the 170bhp.(supercharged and turbocharged)i went for 5dr with dsg.only the gear lever aint as pretty as gti.see pic.
there is also a 140 bhp version in the regular golf

ronan

tiptronic

+ and - are for tiptronic mode...............
if your in drive or sport mode (one below drive that you cannot see) you can push the lever to the left and then change gears manually by "tipping" the shift forward or back.
the dsg was great on test drives........can't wait to get the car in the new year to have a proper play with it!
theres a video of dsg test on here somewhere...try the video section

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
is that yellow actually offered in europe, its so sexy, i wish we had some blues and green, i really have no idea why VW is a bunch of bitches when it comes to colors...:(

cmdrfire

Did you get the petrol or the diesel engine? Both put out 170bhp as I recall.
Oh, wait I see you got the TSI petrol engine :D nice choice. Good call on the DSG too ;) but you're right, the gear lever is pretty clunky.

no its a special edition , i think only avail in germany .its either a porche or ferrari colour.

It's a Lamborghini colour (as is the orange... makes sense, VW owns Lambo).