GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, what should my first mod be...?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Wondering what I should do first..

I'm not sure if I should do a performance mod or a appearance thing. Coming from a focus zx3 I am already blown away by the increased performance. I've been thinking about tinting - but don't have too much money to spend right now.

I though I'd ask for some opinions here. What's everyone think?

:iono:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
For me, it was tint. Florida heat + dark leather is a bad combination so I couldn't wait.

My next mod will suspension. I'm just stuck on deciding between H&R and Eibach.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
I think my first mod will be tint because of the heat here in Oman (its now 90°F and will average around 115°F!) then exahust system from milltek or supersprint:thumbup:

Mainy

Ready to race!
My first mod was to debadge the rear

Next was smoked R32 rear clusters

VW Ipod install was next

Still on list is Golfball shifter and tints and perhaps a remap once the snow clears :thumbsup:

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
my first was the blacked out VW emblem on the grill. I will prolly spray the corner markers body color next...all cheap things to do. Its all building up to a cup kit for me. After that..some paint and then to the interior. Chipping this beast as well...not sure which I am going on that...I tend to lean toward GIAC but APR has strong numbers as well... time will tell.I will return to the exterior after a few interior things are sorted (ipod hook-up, colored LED int lights, cargo net, maybe some cf goodies). then exhaust and CAI. I can tell you the CAI will come from Evoms (EVOMS.com) but not sure which exhaust. From what I am reading the exhaust is the weak point on the 2.0TFSI. But I have a very small budget so everyhting will be 1 piece at a time.

I just gotta get the suspension sorted :banghead:

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
For me, it was tint. Florida heat + dark leather is a bad combination so I couldn't wait.
YO!! im in miami too. what part of miami there bud?? lol... we dont see snow out here, or better yet we dont see winter PERIOD! lol

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
davesee said:
I've been thinking about tinting - but don't have too much money to spend right now.

If tinting your windows is too expensive how could you afford anything else? Considering the cheapest mod would probably be an intake.:iono:

mk1-fan

Drag Race Newbie
Depends what your priorities are. Are you a fan of a good-looking or high performing car? My first (and only mod) was a Revo upgrade, because for me it is the go and not the show that is important. BTW, the GTI is already a GREAT looking car.:wink:

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Bouston said:
If tinting your windows is too expensive how could you afford anything else? Considering the cheapest mod would probably be an intake.:iono:

i didnt mean it was too expensive.. i was just wondering what everyone has done so far really to get ideas. thanks for all the posts

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Mainy said:
My first mod was to debadge the rear

Next was smoked R32 rear clusters

VW Ipod install was next

Still on list is Golfball shifter and tints and perhaps a remap once the snow clears :thumbsup:
YO! got any pics of your back end debadged? are there any holes that need to be filled? or is just a sticker on the back? If that is true and there are no holes I will mos def remove thouse.

So my list would be:
1. Debadge
2. Tint
3. Creative Zen Vision:M audio/video connector or Sony Ericsson audio connector
4. Replace bulbs in the interior, and maybe look into some information about getting some REAL HID's for the headlights.
5. Some aftermarket black wheels.