GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

champaign!

danger

Ready to race!
Anyone around here from champaign-urbana? I've seen one or two others around town. Mine is black with red stripes on the hood.

I have H&R sport springs sitting in front of me and I'm having trouble with both finding a place to install them for me and some clear instructions online to do it myself. Anyone have advice?

Also, does Champaign have a cruise night? I can't find one and I was under the impression that every single town in america had one.

Thanks!

RobbyMac

Run Rabbit, Run!
Car(s)
2006 Rabbit 4 door
I'm from Chambana!

Hey,

I live in north Urbana, I'm pretty sure I've seen you driving around town. I just bought my 2006 Rabbit 4-Door in Black Uni a couple of weeks ago. As far as cruise nights in the area go, there are a few for actual car clubs like the Sundowners (www.sundowners.net), and of course, a few of the people with imports and other modifieds meet at various places, but other than that there aren't really any true "cruise nights" that I know of :iono: . In May, Parkland College usually has a big car show and autocross. Beyond that, let me know if you've found anything, I'd like to at least meet some of the car people around town.

Hey whats up
Just joined MkV forum recently, I thought I was the only one with GTI in Champaign i have seen one golf though, anyway I have got black GTI so if you guys are up for a meet or a cruse let me know.

RobbyMac

Run Rabbit, Run!
Car(s)
2006 Rabbit 4 door
I'm all for a meet or small get-together if someone wants to set one up. I'm also all for a meeting at my house if it proves too tall an order to arrange one somewhere else. Meets at restaurants are always cool. Just let me know.

Wow so it seems that there are at least few of us here. Also, I was just driving by and saw 06 GTi red and later I saw MKIV sliver and red. It would be cool to setup VW local chapter work on mods etc. So far I have two stickers on my car. Hopefully they add some HP hehe. But yeah I am up for a meet.

danger

Ready to race!
Thanks for replying, guys. Yeah it would be cool to help each other with mods and such. I've got my springs to install and need either the tools or to find a local place to do it cheaper because O'Brien VW quoted me $600 for the install, and they've never even done it before! Ridiculous!

But their oil change was acceptable, like $35.

Any of you have any of the special tools need for the spring install? (M14 triple square head, strut spreader, and a few others I think---I'm tracking them down)

RobbyMac

Run Rabbit, Run!
Car(s)
2006 Rabbit 4 door
Danger,

I've got a few tools lying around and a good garage to work in, if you can find some of the tools you're missing. I've got spring compressors, and a few other basics. I'm always glad to help someone else work on their car, it's a good learning experience. I know how O'Brien is on installations. I had a 2000 Celica GT-S before my Rabbit, and I ended up not being able to take it in to put in TRD Springs and Struts. So yeah, I'd be more than willing to help. Let me know.

danger

Ready to race!
awesome, thanks man. i'll let you know. especially if your garage is big enough to work in. I suppose mine would be if the other car was gone.

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
If you see a red MkV GTI around town it's probably me. I know there's another united gray in town because I see it in my parking structure.

I did my first oil change w/o the special tool, but I bought one for next time. Get in touch if you'd like to use it.

Also, if you bought from O'Brien check to see if they removed the plastic shipping-spacers from the front springs (as they should have). My car still had them on delivery and the united gray GTI in my parking structure still had them too.

RobbyMac

Run Rabbit, Run!
Car(s)
2006 Rabbit 4 door
So, anything new happening lately? Any new mods? I know I'm still waiting on the manual for my 06 Rabbit that I bought at the end of August. O'Brien says they're waiting on around seven manuals. Honestly, Germany is not that far away. Any plans for a small meet at some point?

I went to dealership today to schedule first six month service and up front they had a black GTI with full areo VW body kit. I was suprised how actually good it looks without the black plastic that we have on our cars replaced with painted kit. I dont know but this might be a good upgrade in the future now that they lowered the price of it a bit. Anyway yeah I am up for a meet how about this weekend, tommorrow I am taking the car for a carwash (if it doesnt rain) anybody want to join me?

PS

Those spacers are a big problem, if you keep driving on them they might bent the suspension rings, before buying the car I remember checking every wheel under the body of the car, even though the dealer was looking at me wierdly but hey custumer is always right.

RobbyMac

Run Rabbit, Run!
Car(s)
2006 Rabbit 4 door
Which carwash, and at what time? I have to work until around 1, but free after that, so long as my wife doesn't have any plans for me yet...:laugh: