GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ONBOARD COMPUTER

Yvel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hello

Looking at the pics of all onboard computers I noticed a difference.
Mine is devided in 2 parts (see pic). All others on this forum not.
Does someone knows why?

Attachments

• GTI 004s.jpg
    GTI 004s.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,499

GTI2007

I have no idea why you have such a 2 parts onboard computer because on the site of VW Belgium it says that the onboard big screen computer is standard on every GTI like on the attached pic

Attachments

• 8_5_GTI%20Tacho.jpg
    8_5_GTI%20Tacho.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 7,588

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Mine looks like the first pic not the second...top half is for warning lights and second half is onboard computer.

Where are the warning lights on the second pic then???

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
davesee said:
you steering wheel buttons are positioned in different spots than mine.. i would assume that its a us vs. europe thing

I dont think that this is the case.... My steering wheel buttons are positioned in a different way than yours, although I have the same computer as yours

sportomatic

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
The divided screen is called MFA (Multifunktions Anzeige = Multifunction Display) in Europe.

The big screen is the MFA+ and has to be ordered here as an option. Costs 50 Euros in Germany. Late modells in 2005 have the MFA+ included if you order the multifunction steering wheel.

The reason for the different buttons on the wheel is also the modell year. If you have an 2006 modell, manufactured since KW 22 of 2005, you got new buttons and the option to operate the onboard computer with the buttons on the right side.

Greets Eric

200HP

Passed Driver's Ed
sportomatic said:
The divided screen is called MFA (Multifunktions Anzeige = Multifunction Display) in Europe.

The big screen is the MFA+ and has to be ordered here as an option. Costs 50 Euros in Germany. Late modells in 2005 have the MFA+ included if you order the multifunction steering wheel.
Greets Eric
can i put the mfa+ after the purchase of the car?

mercut

Passed Driver's Ed
hi everyone... this is my first post here so wish me good luck :D... i am a very big fan of the gti but i am only 17 so unfortunately i haven't got one...but my father has got a vw passat 2006 and i can tell u the small one (in the first pic) is called 'midline computer' and is standard on every gti in europe...the big one is called 'highline computer' and it costs 54 euros... but it is worth this money...u can edit the car's main functions... and u can't put it after ubought the car...u have to order it when u order the car... it's only 50 euros for god's sake