GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OC / LA County Dealers

davidu

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I'll be ready (financially) to purchase a 2dr manual rabbit. Anyone care to share any great experiences with dealers in the OC / LA County area? Please help! This is my first car purchase and I want to make sure I get a good deal + excellent customer service.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
chris kelly at corona vw seems pretty nice and would give you a good deal probably.
i was just at mckenna vw in norwalk yesterday i got a 2dr white rabbit w/manual for $14730 which is almost 300 off msrp, but i didnt really like the sales people and dealer and had to argue with them for 3hrs. good luck finding one , because their hard!!

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
that's why you should negotiate the price before going to the dealer. i bought mine from mckenna norwalk, and got the pricing (250 over invoice on an 07) before hand, and just came in to sign the papers and pick up my car. this was back in july.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
stay away from vontey from mkcenna norwalk. the guy i worked with was in LA area, livingston vw in woodland hills, his name was tommy i bought my car from him, he kicked ass, super nice and gave me an incredible deal!

SoCalComatose

Booyahkasha Respekt!
Car(s)
2004 R32
Bought from Livingston in Woodland Hills also. Overall got a good deal, and they worked with me on some negative equity of my last car.

Not sure if I would recommend them as a service department though. I went in for a few TSBs and they had to redo work and an issue with lost parts. They also scuffed up a bit of my interior in the process which pissed me off. :mad:

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
chris kelly at corona vw seems pretty nice and would give you a good deal probably.
i was just at mckenna vw in norwalk yesterday i got a 2dr white rabbit w/manual for $14730 which is almost 300 off msrp, but i didnt really like the sales people and dealer and had to argue with them for 3hrs. good luck finding one , because their hard!!

I hate Mckenna salesmen in general. They give you a load of crap how the car I'm looking for isn't even in California... when the fact of the matter is that it's 30 minutes drive away and the other dealer doesn't want to hand it to them.

They also like to get a LOT of your information even before any numbers are put down.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
They also like to get a LOT of your information even before any numbers are put down.

tell me about it. they wanted to run my credit before we even talked about how much im willing to pay for the car. i was like hold on a minute....you dont need to run my credit right now, why not 1st work out the deal then see what interest rate i can get. doesnt matter i never used them anyways. their a bunch of A holes especially vontey williams.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I hate Mckenna salesmen in general. They give you a load of crap how the car I'm looking for isn't even in California... when the fact of the matter is that it's 30 minutes drive away and the other dealer doesn't want to hand it to them.

here is my discussion with derek of mckenna (formerly from capo). i just edited out my phone # and e-mail. basically, the only personal info i gave him was my phone # and e-mail.

(4:08 PM 5-25-2006) D.Passat00: hi,

saw that some people had good experiences buying cars from you. i am currently looking for an 06 gti with dsg, base package only, preferably in white, but i'd take any color other than black and red. please either e-mail me at xxx@yahoo.com or give me a call during business hours at 310.xxx.xxxx or on my cell at 818.xxx.xxxx.

thanks,

dan
(8:58 PM 5-25-2006) CapoVWSales: unfortunately I am unable to help with any GTIs at this point, unless you want to pre-order an 07, So Cal has been short on the cars, especially the DSG for about the past month or two, I do have a white DSG with only 18" wheels that is due to arrive in late July/early august as an 07, let me know if that will work for you, I do apologize for this in advance, but I will try to work out what I can in the mean time.
(12:00 AM 5-27-2006) D.Passat00: hi,

i could wait for an 07 gti. do you have any base gti's with dsg coming in around the same time? it could be any color other than black and red. please let me know.

thanks,

dan
(12:11 AM 5-27-2006) CapoVWSales: I have the white one
at this time, I am ordering all my GTI's with 18" wheels as all of our customers do ask for them.
(2:10 AM 5-27-2006) D.Passat00: is there any way to get it without the 18s? if not, then the '07 gti white with 18s and dsg is acceptable. how much does it cost?
do i have to put a deposit? please let me know.

thanks,

dan
(4:41 AM 5-27-2006) D.Passat00: also, when are the 5 door gti's coming out?
(7:23 PM 5-27-2006) CapoVWSales: late july/august
(10:42 PM 5-27-2006) D.Passat00: ah, ok, what's the price difference (approx) betwen the 3-door and 5-door gti's?
(11:09 PM 5-27-2006) CapoVWSales: 500 (about) I still dont have pricing yet for the 07s
(2:41 AM 5-28-2006) D.Passat00: i'm assuming that yhe 5-door should be similarly spec'd as the 3-door in terms of features?

i prefer the 5-door, so i'd like a similary spec'd 07 gti dsg in white or gray if possibly, but i'd take any color but black or red. is this something i can pre-order?
(6:31 PM 5-28-2006) CapoVWSales: I dont know how much they will cost, the pricing is not out for the 07's yet, I am doing up front orders at $250 over invoice on them. I will need a $500 non refundable deposit to order your car, any incentives will be extended to you at time of purchase, wether you lease, finance, or pay cash.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
McKenna in Norwalk is cool, but the prices aren't. They are too fake to the point where it's annoying... although somewhat nice and helpful I guess. I got my MKV at Bozzani Motors in West Covina. Speak with Krishan, he's awesome.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
McKenna in Norwalk is cool, but the prices aren't. They are too fake to the point where it's annoying... although somewhat nice and helpful I guess. I got my MKV at Bozzani Motors in West Covina. Speak with Krishan, he's awesome.

well, i tried to search for the lowest price, and i couldn't find anyone in socal who offered an '07 GTI in July 06 for less than $250 over invoice.