GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Corolla XRS

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hmmmm...

I went to a car meet tonight... a bunch of my old friends I used to run with when I had my Eclipse. Was fun seeing them, and fun seeing a nice 60+ car turnout. There were a lot of pos cars there, but some real decent ones too... a 500whp civic for one, god damn that thing is fast. I ran into my neighbor there, surprise surprise. I had always thought he had a Corolla S with an XRS badge for fun, but I was wrong I guess. I didn't know there was a high revving 170hp Corolla XRS available. He was leaving at the same time as me, so we decided to hit the highway together.

We didn't do any dig pulls, nor triple honks side by side, but he took off wot at one point, all the way up to 130mph, and I followed. While he did take off before me, and I had to catch up, I was still very stunned at how this engine performs. While I'm convinced I would kill him from a dig... even with his lackluster torque numbers I still saw the potential of that engine in the Corolla. I was wot and bridging the gap rather slowly. I finally started gaining faster and moved over to pass him, but we both had to let off due to oncoming traffic. Where we were when we got on, the road was barren, but there were cars further down and I didn't have enough room to catch up and pass him.

Either way, the outcome is that we're faster (I hope so, loads more torque, more hp, a turbo...) but not as much as I'd expect. Oddly enough, I did better against a Celica GT-S which has a slightly more powerful version of this same engine. Maybe that was the driver.

S

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
the vvti engine is pretty crazy, there was one running at the gainsville road course when i went and it was incredible how high it revved and handled for the guy driving it, we were al quite impressed by this corrola

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
the vvti engine is pretty crazy, there was one running at the gainsville road course when i went and it was incredible how high it revved and handled for the guy driving it, we were al quite impressed by this corrola

I raced that guy and you gotta take into account that the XRS has no weight almost to move. Sure it has no torque also but he kept up pretty well w/me.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Heh, glad to hear it wasn't just me sucking =)

Here are pics of my stockness monster (notice the semi ripped off plastic lower on the passenger side, kinda hard to see here, but damn it!), his XRS, and the only 2 other dubs that were there. This area is Honda paradise really.

No pics of the engine bay from the 500whp civic =/ Next time!

S

RSC17

R32 OG
i passed one of these on the freeway and was like uhhhh... sweeeeeeetttt? i never knew they were kinda fast?

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Meh, to me they look like every other Corolla out there, except the owner added a lip kit and forgot to lower it/change rims. I don't find them appealing, but I don't find them ugly either. They're just... bland, not noticeable. I don't see them really heh.

If you want something decent performing that's pretty cheap, it's a good solution. I mean, for a brand new car... There are other choices, and I wouldn't have bought one personally, but it's not horrible.

S